Not open for further replies.

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
Next match we see Cosmos.
Got a lot of time off before then. Lots to work on as well.

Wednesday 06/15
7:00 pm Kickoff

A game with actual home field advantage, even with turf it's all turf.

Lineup I want to see...

------Poku----Villa----Harrison------
---------------Mix----Pirlo-------------
------------------Iraola-----------------
--RJ--Hernandez--Brillant--White--
---------------Johansen----------------

Reactions: horseytweets

Lineup I want to see...

Johansen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At this point I have no confidence whatsoever that we beat the Cosmos this time around. I just have this terrible feeling that we'll find a way to give up another lead.

Mendoza - Poku - Harrison
Mix - Tommy
Iraola
Martinez - Brillant - White - RJ
Johansen

Give Pirlo, Hernandez and Villa a rest so they're fresh for Philly. Try Poku up front and center. Also he seems to enjoy victimizing the Cosmos. Harrison needs match fitness. Mendoza looks like he could tip and catch fire so this might be the game to do it. Leave Brillant in to get some more confidence. Play White in a more natural position so he can get some confidence too. Although I wouldn't mind seeing Mena. Johansen please.

I'll be there.

Reactions: sbrylski and Vallos
At this point I have no confidence whatsoever that we beat the Cosmos this time around. I just have this terrible feeling that we'll find a way to give up another lead.

If we lose, and I hope we don't, but if we do, just don't let it be in penalties. I can't take such a loss like that again.

Reactions: Kjbert

Lineup I want to see...

More like Poku ----Mullins----Taylor

Villa and Pirlo don't play on turf. Last year at Cosmos, Villa didn't even play.

Reactions: Kjbert
More like Poku ----Mullins----Taylor

Villa and Pirlo don't play on turf. Last year at Cosmos, Villa didn't even play.
Portland play on turf at home. So do Vancouver and a handful of others. Pirlo and Villa play on turf. If anything, I think they rest because of the proximity of the Philly match, not because of the surface.

Portland play on turf at home. So do Vancouver and a handful of others. Pirlo and Villa play on turf. If anything, I think they rest because of the proximity of the Philly match, not because of the surface.
Portland's turf is a much better kind of turf vs. what the Cosmos call "turf." The lacrosse / football / soccer field they have has turf that more closely resembles carpeting than trying to act as a sporting surface. I believe Portland got new turf before this year too, made it more "grass-like." Trying to find the source for this, think I read it in one of the stadium threads.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
I don't think they'll rest. They'll have the next 10 days without a game, so other than training they'll be fresh. A second game a few days later should be easy. Plus, at the rate the season is going, the those two players may very much want to do well in the cup.

Portland's turf is a much better kind of turf vs. what the Cosmos call "turf." The lacrosse / football / soccer field they have has turf that more closely resembles carpeting than trying to act as a sporting surface. I believe Portland got new turf before this year too, made it more "grass-like." Trying to find the source for this, think I read it in one of the stadium threads.
They will be playing at Fordham, where the "fieldturf" is similar to Portland and not the type where the Cosmos play in Hempstead.

This our realest shot of winning a trophy and getting to the CONCACAF Champions League.
So by winning this worthless tournament, we can earn the pleasure of qualifying for a second worthless tournament next season!
I want to compete for MLS Cup next season.

Reactions: twsj91 and Gene
So by winning this worthless tournament, we can earn the pleasure of qualifying for a second worthless tournament next season!
I'm sorry you feel the USOC is "worthless". It's a pretty wonderful thing to have in US soccer culture, IMO.

Winning the Championship League would get us into the Club World Cup, which counts Milan, ManU, Barca, Inter, Bayern and Real Madrid among its winners.

Hardly worthless.

Concacaf is not worthless.

1) it is only a matter of time before an MLS team wins. It would be fantastic if we were he first. Not likely, but one can dream.

2) NYCFC vs any LigaMX team would be an incredible atmosphere in Yankee Stadium, possibly even better than the derby. Not to mention it would be an advertisement better than anything money can buy. Well, assuming we don't lose 7-0.

the CCL feels "worthless" since liga mx teams have dominated it for like 11 years....i do want nycfc to be the first MLS to win it in the current format.

as for US open cup...i love the history and concept of it ( our version of FA cup) and i would like it to be taken more seriously or at the very least have it promoted a whole lot more, dont just show the final in espn, have them show it from round of 16 or quarter finals in networks....even if its freaking ESPNNEWS channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.