Nycfc V Philly Motm & Post-match

And that decision is coming up in a matter of weeks.
Umm, let me see...live and play and party as a young pro athlete in one of the world's great cities, or...

Surely to God Kreis can't screw that up. He doesn't look like someone primed for a big payday, so why go to some dumpy town? Stay here, actually play first team games a year or two and get a better payday either here or in Championship down the line.

Seems so logical. So I guess we know what will happen now. So long, Shay. We hardly knew ye.

Umm, let me see...live and play and party as a young pro athlete in one of the world's great cities, or...

Surely to God Kreis can't screw that up. He doesn't look like someone primed for a big payday, so why go to some dumpy town? Stay here, actually play first team games a year or two and get a better payday either here or in Championship down the line.

Seems so logical. So I guess we know what will happen now. So long, Shay. We hardly knew ye.
Pretty sure the Post or some other paper had an article about Kreis trying to get Facey's loan extended.

Can we tone down the team and coach hate on every thread? Is this a RB forum?

It was 83 days between wins, which means statistically the next win should be against Columbus on August 29. Hopefully the numbers lie.

Reactions: mgarbowski
It was 83 days between wins, which means statistically the next win should be against Columbus on August 29. Hopefully the numbers lie.
And this probably (hopefully) goes a long way toward explaining ...
Can we tone down the team and coach hate on every thread?
Let's have both. More wins. Less hate. Better world. And then we sing Kumbayah.

Reactions: kylelovescrayons
Interesting stats from whoscored:

We had 51% possession.

Philly stands out with 32! crosses about 20 from their right side (Wingert and McNamara's side),
we stand out with 52! clearances (Mcnamara and Facey had 10 each)

McNamara highest rated 8.01, Wingert lowest 6.20

Poku highest non defender pass% 90.9% on 44 passes

Lowest % Mcnamara with 66% on 47 passes

Poku was 9 for 9 on long passes (passes over 25 yards) (most attempted, most completed)

Villa had 3 key passes (passes that led to a chance)

Nemec 7 aerial balls won

Villa led team with 4 shots, 2 on goal

Facey also had 8 interceptions and 95.8% passing

With all the blanket love and hate for Villa I don't think it has been said yet that in this game he had multiple chances that could easily have resulted in goals (and not just the Nemec mishap).

I've said before that scoring is contagious. Villa definitely missed the goal on shots he regularly buried on his former teams. He has had so many shots this whole year that have gone just wide of the post. Watching him on Saturday it seemed that he was feeling the pressure: to score, to end the streak, to be the face of the team, to live up to DP billing, etc.

I really hope that the win or the new DP signings (*ahem* Pirlo) or the goals in general lift some of the pressure and help him relax. He is such an amazing talent.

For that LionNYC LionNYC I'm going Villa Villa Poku Villa.

Reactions: Gavin23
Sorry, I know this is not the right place, but I could not find the Copa America topic... So since there is a MOTM thread here, I will talk about the last Voopl feature in this topic...

The Copa America will start in a few hours now!

It will be the first competition from start to end on Voopl. To celebrate that, you will be able to win a jersey (team or nation)!
After the final, we will hold a draw among the users who voted 6 times or more.
The winner will be offered the jersey of his choice.

Thanks to your votes, we will also name the Player and the Team of the competition. Don't forget you can vote for every game and every team during this tournament.

Cheers,
The Voopl Team.

Reactions: BxLio91
We just published a new feature on Voopl.

You can now access the other teams available on the platform and see their players averages and games history.

Reactions: mgarbowski