Nycfc V Sounders - Player Ratings - Motm

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
Second week with the Voopl system. Fair to say the first week was a success!

Following the match the ratings will be live again and you can vote.

[voopl=2015-05-03][/voopl]

In general rankings are calibrated by a 6 being league average performance. 9s 10s, 1s 2s and 3s are rare.

How the fuck does Bro have a 5? He's utter shit. Was utter shit tonight. Will be utter shit next game, too.

I like this new voting system. (Why is it in french?) Anyway I loved what I saw from Alzarez. He needs to start. Him and Mix took my highest votes. Ballouchy is lucky I dont care if he scored. Grabavoy and Mullins are terrible.

The list is missing some of the subs (Rj Allen) who I thought did well all things considered.

Yeah I've noticed it doesn't pick up late subs.
Voopl is based in France I believe. Definitely a better system than just doing a 4 person poll. Gives us a better idea of how the team performed and form.

Reactions: Gavin23
Honestly think you're delirious as we have numerous players who are worse but continue to sound illogical as you do in this case.
I'm sorry. He's fucking terrible. I don't credit people a point every time they manage not to give the ball away.

If you think he has a single MLS-level quality, please tell me what it is. His touch? Hell no. His crossing? Not a chance. His defending? Bahahahaha. His speed? Ummm....nope. His dribbling? Nah. His passing? Surrrreeee... Vision? Alright, I'm running out shit he obviously can't do.

Just name one thing he is adequate doing. Seriously. I haven't seen it. The fact that his mistakes didn't directly lead to goals are simply luck.

Hi,

Sorry for the pop up being in french. Will be corrected ASAP. Everything else should be in English though. Correct me if I'm wrong.

For the subs, a player needs to play more than 30 minutes to be in the system.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
I'm sorry. He's fucking terrible. I don't credit people a point every time they manage not to give the ball away.

If you think he has a single MLS-level quality, please tell me what it is. His touch? Hell no. His crossing? Not a chance. His defending? Bahahahaha. His speed? Ummm....nope. His dribbling? Nah. His passing? Surrrreeee... Vision? Alright, I'm running out shit he obviously can't do.

Just name one thing he is adequate doing. Seriously. I haven't seen it. The fact that his mistakes didn't directly lead to goals are simply luck.
He had a pretty good game. I agree he's not a good player but he had a good game. Not going to sit here and lie to myself for some self satisfaction.

Reactions: roxfontaine
He had a pretty good game. I agree he's not a good player but he had a good game. Not going to sit here and lie to myself for some self satisfaction.
Eh. I just disagree. I thought he started poorly and got worse. It wasn't his worst game. But it was a bad game.

He killed several attacks by, for whatever reason, just not being where he should have been when people made passes into the space he should have occupied. And his defending - well, I don't have an example to cite. That's the major problem.

There's no example to cite because nothing at all got past on the left side. Everything was down the right and middle. He pushed forward and got back in defense. Did what he was asked to do. Not going to judge him on his offense as he's a back but he did push forward. The one time I recall him 'not being where he should' is when he went forward after making a pass and Grabavoy I believe passed it behind him for no reason.

Reactions: roxfontaine
Hi,

Sorry for the pop up being in french. Will be corrected ASAP. Everything else should be in English though. Correct me if I'm wrong.

For the subs, a player needs to play more than 30 minutes to be in the system.

I would suggest you change it to having played more than 20 minutes to be in the system. I don't think it would've changed anything for this game, but it's fairly widely used for the 60-minute mark to be the point when a lot of subs are brought on, and by setting the line at 30 minutes you're slightly arbitrarily allowing the ones who are brought on a little early to be counted but not the ones who come on slower because the ball wouldn't go out of play for 60 seconds. I think 20 mins game time is about the cut off, personally, between those players who come on an influence the game a lot and those who are just brought on to run down the clock.

Otherwise, great system though.

This has been a long point of discussion and of course everyone has a different opinion.
We started with 25, then some people complained they don't have enough time to judge the players performance.

For now we fixed it to 30mn, but we are definitely still trying to get the best possible solution.

My first vote using this system as I could only watch last week's Univision game on an iPhone. I like this very much.

I wonder if the voting reflects a split in the perceptions of people who were at the game and those who watched on TV.

I drove, got home fairly quickly, and voted shortly after that. At the time my Index was .75. When I went to bed my index dropped to .69 and now it's down to .61. I would guess that the reason my index dropped is the late voting people were more likely to be at the game like me and had the same advantages/disadvantages I did.
Advantages: at the game you can watch any portion of the field you like and are not limited by the camera view.
Disadvantage: while a few players are immediately identifiable by their hair, shoes, or build no matter where they are on the field, for many I cannot tell who is who, especially when they are on the far end.

Reactions: Gene
For now you cannot tell yet, but we are going to add a checkbox to say if you were at the game or not.

I would add to the advantage that you can see more easily the tactical problems of the team, which will impact the ratings. If a player is always playing a 2 vs 1, you could give him a better grade than if you watched on TV and he just seemed to play badly.
For the disadvantage, I'd add that you cannot have a good look at the actions like on TV, thanks to the replays.

So I'm pretty sure it changes your perception, which is why we will add the option.

Reactions: Paul and mgarbowski
My first vote using this system as I could only watch last week's Univision game on an iPhone. I like this very much.

I wonder if the voting reflects a split in the perceptions of people who were at the game and those who watched on TV.

I drove, got home fairly quickly, and voted shortly after that. At the time my Index was .75. When I went to bed my index dropped to .69 and now it's down to .61. I would guess that the reason my index dropped is the late voting people were more likely to be at the game like me and had the same advantages/disadvantages I did.
Advantages: at the game you can watch any portion of the field you like and are not limited by the camera view.
Disadvantage: while a few players are immediately identifiable by their hair, shoes, or build no matter where they are on the field, for many I cannot tell who is who, especially when they are on the far end.

I think in this case some of the early votes may have been unduly harsh in response to the loss. I watched the game at home and when I voted (pretty quickly after the game) my Index was 1.19, but by this morning it dropped to a .54

I thought the way Allen played was despicable. He got away with three cheap shots. No room for that on a soccer pitch. I'm OK with the occasional hard foul, but not what he was doing.

Thought Facey looked lost defensively. I think this was one of Brovsky's better games of the year, but he can't get up the field and get back. He's other tied to his fullback spot or he's a winger. Not both. I thought Alvarez was our best player on the pitch. Mix looks underutilized playing deep. Mullins was OK. Shelton was OK and at least he keeps possession. Ballouchy played well going forward, but again, terrible in possession. Ned played alright but he is another guy that doesn't play possession football well. Kwame was below average. Thought Wingert played well and Saunders played below average. Poku did nothing and Villa did nothing.