Official Facebook Supporter's Group Name Vote

yes I agree, I would like to have all of us connected as much as possible which means sharing everything that is going on on all of our forms of social media that we are on so everyone can be on the same page. I am trying to promote this page as well as the Facebook group on twitter
Sounds great. Thanks for all you do, keep it up.

If you aren't in competition with FB and you have no axe to grind, why change the title of the thread. They are the only supporters group there is, hence official.

Seems there is a bit of competition here, which is exactly what you claim to want to avoid. Very silly and petty IMO, especially since you are so confident in your amazing web abilities.

You're confusing einwindir einwindir with myself. He is entitled to his opinions
and despite the fact he is Co-administrator we can have differentiating thoughts. If the Fb page calls itself official that's fine. I can't however call these the "official fan forums" because official means we are backed by the club. That's why often you'll see Unofficial Supporter Forums which I'd rather not use either. If I did use Official we could be contacted by NYCFC and asked to remove. Same with the Fb group. They can't call them self the official group until they are recognized as so by NYCFC.

As far as competition I personally don't have any. In fact we closed our discussion thread for a possible site meeting because it coincided with a meet that was discussed on FB and the same bar was involved.
All I want is for people to come here and have open discussion about anything and everything and we have accomplished that and more so far.
Buckley Buckley has been more than supportive and so have the other twitter account who regularly retweet. I couldn't be happier.

Reactions: Gene
You're confusing einwindir einwindir with myself. He is entitled to his opinions
and despite the fact he is Co-administrator we can have differentiating thoughts. If the Fb page calls itself official that's fine. I can't however call these the "official fan forums" because official means we are backed by the club. That's why often you'll see Unofficial Supporter Forums which I'd rather not use either. If I did use Official we could be contacted by NYCFC and asked to remove. Same with the Fb group. They can't call them self the official group until they are recognized as so by NYCFC.

As far as competition I personally don't have any. In fact we closed our discussion thread for a possible site meeting because it coincided with a meet that was discussed on FB and the same bar was involved.
All I want is for people to come here and have open discussion about anything and everything and we have accomplished that and more so far.
Buckley Buckley has been more than supportive and so have the other twitter account who regularly retweet. I couldn't be happier.
So just to get this straight, if you disagree with what we post on the site, you will censor it? Wow, OK.

If this wasn't personal to you, you would not care whether I called it official or unofficial. Its a complete farce that you edit the content of a user-created thread.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
You are not being censored because "we disagree with you", your thread title was edited because it is misleading.

At this point in time there is no Official Supporters Group. MLS and NYCFC do not recognize any groups as of yet.

No one is disagreeing with you. But you cannot arbitrarily decide that a group is Official.
NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan and myself have made it a point to never refer to anything we do as Official. Unless it pertains to this particular community.

We would like to have an Official SG, but we haven't had the chance to discuss it thoroughly with Buckley Buckley or any of the other "leaders" on the FB group.

So just to get this straight, if you disagree with what we post on the site, you will censor it? Wow, OK.

If this wasn't personal to you, you would not care whether I called it official or unofficial. Its a complete farce that you edit the content of a user-created thread.

Hey MyBoyVilla MyBoyCity I'm very sorry about the issue this has caused.
There is no censor ship here. In fact you can curse all you want and we will gladly allow it. It might change other members perception of you but to each their own.
As far as your title being changed you spoke to me about us misleading other members by not directing them to the facebook page did you not?
Would it not be misleading if we directed them there and called it 'official' because it is in fact not official.
The title as far as I've seen it has been Official Facebook Supporters Group, is this not what you initially wrote?

MyBoyVilla MyBoyCity This group is too important to me to let some petty disagreement get between us. You are a quality poster and a valuable member of the community. I happen to disagree with you on this particular topic but I also appreciate that you are standing up for what you believe to be right.

It is not outside the realm of possibility that I or NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan receive a C&D because there is some unknown SG that actually is an NYCFC backed Official SG.

This is not an issue of censorship it's an issue of covering our own asses.

the Facebook group is not backed by the club at all its not official its just a bunch of people who want to get involved and support nycfc. I am one of the admins in that group and it was created back in may shortly after the team was announced.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
I think the way it will work in the future is that when we have paying members the forum will become the place for them. We could password protect a portion of the site so only those paying members will be allowed in. Kind of like how AO does it. Maybe a dedicated website will work better. I don't know. I am not a computer guy. This will have to be discussed with people more savvy than myself.

Reactions: einwindir
You might want to look into this. I am not sure if it applies to Groups, but you can only change the name for a Facebook page once. And it if exceeds a certain amount of members it can't be changed at all. You are stuck. Just giving you the heads up.

In the worst case you can always close down thefb group though and open up another one from scratch. Everyone who would really be vested in it will surely move along. Might actually even be a good way to weed out some people who were not really supporters anyway...

Reactions: NYCBlue and BxLio91