Official: Villa Is The Captain

does the language barrier really matter? If you've ever played a competitive sport or been part of a competitive exercise, often best to lead by example.

Reactions: XIValentin
does the language barrier really matter? If you've ever played a competitive sport or been part of a competitive exercise, often best to lead by example.
I would say it is a barrier, but I think Villa has enough English to be understood where he needs to be on the field.

Or David Beckham for that matter and he's going to be the figurehead of Miami. Still I can't really say much not exactly the best talker myself. Villa should be the captain not just because of popularity but he fits more or less everything required for that role. Maybe he might not be as vocal and loud as some captain as an exception but really its just someone the players can look up to. Who better than a world cup winner like Villa? Captaincy is a bit outdated in my opinion but if it has to be anyone Villa is that man. Lampard has those qualities too so after he arrives I guess he will be the vice captain. Wouldn't surprise me.

I honestly do not believe that David Villa is a perfect captain. He's a world class player and all but he lacks the emotional connection to the members of the club.Many overlook this when it comes to captaining a team but it makes a large difference. Seeing Villa drop his shoulders and shouting at every missed pass / play can do real harm to the mind set of our players. They want to be embraced by a player of Villas class, not shouted at. I think we need someone who can take the time to work with our players , embrace them when they are down, teach them right from wrong , watch footage with them to explain the things they did wrong and so on. After he shows negativity towards a player , that player will be nervous to make a bad pass again and that will only lead to more bad passes. Lets not forget the language barrier too !

We also don't know how Villa behaves off the field. Maybe in practices or during film sessions he is really positive and his competitive spirit gets the best of him during matches. Body language can also be misconstrued. Maybe Villa is upset with himself or just upset that a pass didn't work like he wanted rather than actually being mad at another player for not completing the pass.

I'm not saying his negative reactions during matches are a good thing, just that it doesn't automatically mean he isn't being a good teammate or isn't worthy of the captain's armband. I agree that there doesn't seem to be anyone else who stands out as more deserving.

We also don't know how Villa behaves off the field. Maybe in practices or during film sessions he is really positive and his competitive spirit gets the best of him during matches. Body language can also be misconstrued. Maybe Villa is upset with himself or just upset that a pass didn't work like he wanted rather than actually being mad at another player for not completing the pass.

I'm not saying his negative reactions during matches are a good thing, just that it doesn't automatically mean he isn't being a good teammate or isn't worthy of the captain's armband. I agree that there doesn't seem to be anyone else who stands out as more deserving.

David Villa is like Kanye West. He's really happy and having a good time until there's a camera on him.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
I honestly do not believe that David Villa is a perfect captain. He's a world class player and all but he lacks the emotional connection to the members of the club.Many overlook this when it comes to captaining a team but it makes a large difference. Seeing Villa drop his shoulders and shouting at every missed pass / play can do real harm to the mind set of our players. They want to be embraced by a player of Villas class, not shouted at. I think we need someone who can take the time to work with our players , embrace them when they are down, teach them right from wrong , watch footage with them to explain the things they did wrong and so on. After he shows negativity towards a player , that player will be nervous to make a bad pass again and that will only lead to more bad passes. Lets not forget the language barrier too !

i get where you are coming from, but idk about the language barrier. Idc if you speak klingon. A leader can transcend a language barrier.

Reactions: FootyLovin