"Pigeons" and "Bluebirds" Catching On...

Reactions: JayH and CatNYC
If that became a thing I would so buy a hat with a blue bird on it. Right now I rock an Orioles hat because my favorite color is orange and I love birds (it's like an actual bird not that crappy cartoon bird). But an NYC hat with an orange brim blue hat and a blue bird with the club logo on the side... It would be in my hands so fast. A boy can dream...

Edit: But we are much more likely to get this hat... image.jpeg

Last edited:
I think the supporters group should try to come up with a third chant (and first original one) before everyone worries about trying to force a nickname.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
So you like Orange !! Wow I happen to work at Home Depot ! Our theme is living The Orange Life! I can't help but wonder when i see the advertising on the side of the pitch can i get the discount on tickets? As far as this whole Stupid Pigeon thing people throw things at them! Was the guy who thought of it on Crack? Oh and the word on last nights chat is that i got some sort of problem with you and FootyLovin ! I forgot who said it but He's a Pigeon on Crack!! Have a Good Week ! Oh Shit i almost forgot the most exciting news !! I got accepted to Referee School !! Thanks for your outstanding recommendation!!!!!!!!
If that became a thing I would so buy a hat with a blue bird on it. Right now I rock an Orioles hat because my favorite color is orange and I love birds (it's like an actual bird not that crappy cartoon bird). But an NYC hat with an orange brim blue hat and a blue bird with the club logo on the side... It would be in my hands so fast. A boy can dream...

Edit: But we are much more likely to get this hat... View attachment 5288

Come you Subway Rats!

Even though the above was a reply to a it could be worse post, I actually like Subway Rats. But I don't see it catching on mainstream....ever.

I could get on board with Bluebirds. Thank you Paul Paul and JayH.
Eastern Bluebird - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_bluebird. Beautiful bird, I love the colors.

Bluebird.jpg

I tried to find one flipping the bird but the closest I came was pissed off looking Mountain Bluebird.

38368-Mountain-Bluebird.jpg

So you like Orange !! Wow I happen to work at Home Depot ! Our theme is living The Orange Life! I can't help but wonder when i see the advertising on the side of the pitch can i get the discount on tickets? As far as this whole Stupid Pigeon thing people throw things at them! Was the guy who thought of it on Crack? Oh and the word on last nights chat is that i got some sort of problem with you and FootyLovin ! I forgot who said it but He's a Pigeon on Crack!! Have a Good Week ! Oh Shit i almost forgot the most exciting news !! I got accepted to Referee School !! Thanks for your outstanding recommendation!!!!!!!!
8843976-Crazy-Pigeon-Lady-0.jpg

Reactions: Paul and mgarbowski
Might have already been mentioned but the NY state bird is the Bluebird, and they are blue and orange. And they are totally bad ass and routinely flip other birds the bird.

I could definitely get behind that too. Has the connection with the state and the team colors - those are two huge pluses. Plus... just look at that picture... so majestic, yet aggressive, like the team's playing style. I like it.

Attachments

• bluebird_in_flight.jpg
    bluebird_in_flight.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 4
Cardiff City

Full name Cardiff City Football Club
Nickname(s) The Bluebirds
Didn't realize they went back to their original branding, but ha, wtf is with that oriental dragon. Can't imagine the welsh fans are happy with that.

Given that Cardiff is in Wales, I'd say they're ok with it :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
I meant they have the wrong kind of dragon on their crest. It would be like nycfc adding one of those double headed European eagle to our crest in place of a bald headed eagle.

I meant they have the wrong kind of dragon on their crest. It would be like nycfc adding one of those double headed European eagle to our crest in place of a bald headed eagle.
it only has 1 head, bro....