Player Salaries

MikeDatTiger

Registered
Mar 21, 2014
New Orleans, Louisiana
Union just released the salaries again, for 2014. http://www.mlsplayers.org/images/September 15 2014 Salary Information - Alphabetical.pdf

Has a few NYCFC guys. They are (in Base/Guaranteed)

Brovsky: 115,000/119,000
Jacobson: $180,000/180,000
Saunders: $48,504/48,504
Villa: 60,000/60,000
Watson-Siriboe: $55,000/56,666.67

Not sure why they don't have Lampard (maybe because he's on loan and MCFC is footing the bill) and I'm not sure why Villa is listed so low other than they put in a minimal amount just for accounting reasons.

I was under the impression that as far as DP's were concerned, the team (?) was still responsible for the base pay and the owner, or whoever the hell pays the DP salary covered the rest. Since a certain amount needed to be counted against the cap for every player. I'm probably wrong though.

I'm surprised to see Saunders is paid what looks to be the league minimum. Not that I know who he is outside what we've been following since his signing.

I just think CFG really sold Villa on the NYCFC project and he agreed to a major pay cut to play for us :cool:

I was under the impression that as far as DP's were concerned, the team (?) was still responsible for the base pay and the owner, or whoever the hell pays the DP salary covered the rest. Since a certain amount needed to be counted against the cap for every player. I'm probably wrong though.

I'm surprised to see Saunders is paid what looks to be the league minimum. Not that I know who he is outside what we've been following since his signing.
Actually the league pays the base-salary (for a DP thats currently $387,500). The team/club is responsible to pay anything over the 387k if the player is a DP.

Reactions: einwindir
Actually the league pays the base-salary (for a DP thats currently $387,500). The team/club is responsible to pay anything over the 387k if the player is a DP.

And only the league's portion ($387,500 currently) counts against the club's salary cap, right?