[poll] Charleston, South Carolina - Are You In?

How will you be participating in CCC15?

• I plan on going to South Carolina for all three match days

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I plan on going for two match days

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • I plan on going for the first match day (Feb 21st NYCFC v Purple)

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • I'll be watching from the safety of my living room.

Votes: 42 70.0%
  • City is playing New Castle, so I'll be at Hatters...

Votes: 3 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

einwindir

Registered
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 19, 2014
Queens, NY
We've had this discussion before...we are just trying to get a good idea who will be making the trip. It doesn't matter if you are traveling as a group or alone. In the discussion, let us know where you plan on lodging; how you plan on getting down; will you be getting together Friday Evening for some heavy bouts of beers and banter with the locals?

Staying in Charleston with friends. They're acquainted with the team in Charleston and some players. I'm sure there will be some sort of NYCFC driven event. I'll try and let the forum know if there are any Battery events or recommended places for visiting supporters, in early-mid February. Will get info on best bars, pre/post, etc if I can.

I was so set to go... but can no longer make it due to a family obligation. I already bought four tickets for the feb 21st matchday in nycfc supporters section. I know really hope i can sell them to make my money back since i cannot go. Is anyone interested? I only want face value for them. Even if you only buy 1 or 2 tickets... please help a nycfc brotha out. Hit me up here or message me. thanks! and I am so sad I am not going now.

Reactions: lordpyrodagr8
Flying in Friday with a fellow NYCFC mate. Staying downtown Charleston. Going on the lash. Match on friday. Then spending the next few days enjoying some of that Southern hospitality y'all. Can't wait to meet up with the rest of you for beers and Football.

Reactions: Fabio
Just spoke to Suzzanne at The Three Lions pub at Blackbaud stadium. They will be open on the friday before the tournament starts from 5pm to the public. But during the tournament itself it is strictly members only. I enquired about membership fees and its 575 bucks lol so I guess we have to make do with alternate prematch arrangements. She did suggest Daniel Island Grill which is less than a mile to the stadium. Its a sports bar. Could be a place to meet up before heading to the tournament.

Myself and three friends will be catching the Saturday match. Staying with friends and leaving Monday. We got a row of 5 seats (talked one Charleston friend in joining) in E3. We will probably be drinking our way around downtown Charleston during the day and maybe hitting up somewhere near the stadium when it gets closer to match time. I think someone mentioned Daniel Island Grille as a good place to go that is relatively close to the staduim. Hope to see some NYCFC fans pre match.

How much for the Saturday ticket?

If you are still looking for tickets, I have 4 extras to the NYCFC vs Mickey Mouse Club on the 21st in the NYCFC section (E3)...each ticket was originally $20, but I am trying to get them off my hands, so I'll be selling them for $10 a ticket.

Also, see you at Daniel Island Grille Michael Brown Michael Brown !

If you are still looking for tickets, I have 4 extras to the NYCFC vs Mickey Mouse Club on the 21st in the NYCFC section (E3)...each ticket was originally $20, but I am trying to get them off my hands, so I'll be selling them for $10 a ticket.

Also, see you at Daniel Island Grille Michael Brown Michael Brown !

I'm trying to see if I can get to Charleston for that weekend, so not 100% certain yet!

I also saw this on the TR event page for the Carolina cup:

"When y'all get into Charleston let us know (Queen Anne's Revenge- https://www.facebook.com/QueenAnnesRevenge.SC) feel free to stop by our tailgate and hangout (https://www.facebook.com/events/1506294519636672/) Maybe you could bring some NYCFC Scarves down for a scarf exchange. A lot of our members like doing that. Looking forward to y'all coming down to Charleston. It's gonna be a great tournament. See y'all in 2 weeks!"

Might be something cool to go to pre-game as well.

Sounds like Daniel Island Grille is the place for pre-gaming. See y'all there!

Status
Not open for further replies.