Poll: Cut Mix or Josh (If It Comes to That)

If neither Josh nor Mix finds a new club, on whom should NYCFC use its uncharged waiver?

• Josh

Votes: 17 25.0%
  • Mix

Votes: 51 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The best solution that would make the team honor the contract while also aligning everyone's interest with efficiency would a rule that encourages Mix to make a deal in another league for more than league minimum and have NYC and MIX share the benefit of whatever he can negotiate. Doesn't have to be 50-50 as long as it's worth it to both of them to do it. So if NYC has to guarantee he earns $750k and the Norway league minimum is $250k and he negotiates a deal for $400k (yes all figures and rounded off, in dollars and made up), Mix and the club somehow split the extra $150k he was able to negotiate. This way, Mix still has the right to sit it out, or play somewhere else for the minimum and he still gets his $750k, but if he can convince someone else to pay more he gets something out of it and NYCFC wins as well.

The best solution that would make the team honor the contract while also aligning everyone's interest with efficiency would a rule that encourages Mix to make a deal in another league for more than league minimum and have NYC and MIX share the benefit of whatever he can negotiate. Doesn't have to be 50-50 as long as it's worth it to both of them to do it. So if NYC has to guarantee he earns $750k and the Norway league minimum is $250k and he negotiates a deal for $400k (yes all figures and rounded off, in dollars and made up), Mix and the club somehow split the extra $150k he was able to negotiate. This way, Mix still has the right to sit it out, or play somewhere else for the minimum and he still gets his $750k, but if he can convince someone else to pay more he gets something out of it and NYCFC wins as well.
Come on, be real. This idea wasn't written when his contract or CBA were created, so implementing wouldn't force Mix to acquiesce. We can debate until the season starts what would be "great" or "beneficial" to do, but the rules are the rules and these ideas will not and should not affect Mix's situation. If you want to proposition & debate it as a hypothetical for all new contracts, that's one thing, but realism should be king.

K Kjbert has already said there will be a resolution in a week or so...

Reactions: Kjbert
Club looking to maximize financial return right now. Expectation is they will be able to minimize the loss.

I think he is gone officially (with announcement) by Friday night

Club looking to maximize financial return right now. Expectation is they will be able to minimize the loss.

I think he is gone officially (with announcement) by Friday night

I'm not as confident as you, but if we can swap Mix for Ofori this week, that would be a coup.

Ofori would likely be a DP for now because he would get the young DP cap hit, which is something like $250k without looking it up. But he should also make less than $1 million in wages, which means we could always buy him down with TAM this summer.

I'm not as confident as you, but if we can swap Mix for Ofori this week, that would be a coup.

Ofori would likely be a DP for now because he would get the young DP cap hit, which is something like $250k without looking it up. But he should also make less than $1 million in wages, which means we could always buy him down with TAM this summer.

I have a strong inclination that Ofori IS the DP, not just a Young DP for the beginning of the year.

EDIT: Unless the transfer fee paid is less than $500,000 somehow. I think that's the target to keep him as a non-DP player right now. But I think they would be OK if he was a DP