Poll: Cut Mix or Josh (If It Comes to That)

If neither Josh nor Mix finds a new club, on whom should NYCFC use its uncharged waiver?

• Josh

Votes: 17 25.0%
  • Mix

Votes: 51 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Most of my points have been made elsewhere already but one extra check mark in the Keep Saunders column - the squad is already extremely young, and short of obvious leaders. His shortcomings are obvious, but Saunders has been referred to as a good influence in the locker room (I swear Villa said this once, but can't find it anywhere). If both players are going to be benchwarming most of the season, I'd rather they at least be able to contribute off the field, and my best guess is that Saunders has more to offer than Mix.

Also, just because you can't find a taker for Saunders now doesn't mean we won't find one later or next offseason. Mix seems a lot more "sticky" due to his salary and complete failure* with the team the last two years.

*Optically. Please don't re-open the Mix debate, although I'm sure that's what this thread will become. Quick, someone quote a 90's song.
giphy.gif

Reactions: sbrylski and adam
EXCUSE ME PEOPLE!! I guess all ya'll forgot.... 7 AND 0 ! 7 AND 0 ! 7 AND 0 ! 7 AND 0 ! 7 AND 0! 7 AND 0! 7 AND 0! SEVEN FKN TIMES AT HOME ! Really ? JOSH LAME ASS SUNDERS was responsible ! Not Mr put him on the back burner Mix D ! We have no hope or chance in Hell without a decent Goalie end of story !! We put our TRUST in this incompetent and we're the losers every time it counts ! Making the Team and good players who don't deserve it look like Assholes !! and Fans love him when he shakes their hands at the end of the Game . WTF???

Nice sweet fan loving perfect father salt of the earth give a person the shirt off his back , DON'T MEAN SHIT on the pitch!! Goalies who are Beast do! So ask yourself if your life depended on him deflecting goals would you be confident you'd live ??? Poor Mix at least he can walk with his head full of that gorgeous hair with Dignity ! Mr Short hair Fuck Face for a Goalie sure as Hell can't!!

This song always gets me in the feels, and its especially applicable to this situation. We need a player just like Mix, and Mix needs to play again. Maybe it just happens to turn out that, after all the animosity between the club and mix that...

Yes, they both like Pina Coladas.

(bonus appearance in the video of the Village People)

am i being offensive to TEAM50 if i say i first heard this song by watching Guardians of the Galaxy?

This song always gets me in the feels, and its especially applicable to this situation. We need a player just like Mix, and Mix needs to play again. Maybe it just happens to turn out that, after all the animosity between the club and mix that...

Yes, they both like Pina Coladas.

(bonus appearance in the video of the Village People)

Total sidebar, but in perhaps my nearest brush with fame, my wife and I nearly bought Rupert's house in Westchester 7 or 8 years ago (it was a nice suburban house, but nothing extravagant). Unfortunately, he was planning to take the gold record for the Pina Colada song when he moved out, so we went with another option. So, I will forever have affection for that song.

Mix, and there's no debate for me. It's purely a contract thing -- if he's this out of favor to the coach, clearing a guy with his salary charge is far more important than clearing a guy of Josh's salary charge.

Reactions: Kjbert

Saunders to Orlando for a 2019 4th round pick, which means we can use the buyout on Mix if he doesn't find himself a team!

Ok, great news! I always thought Josh (let's be kind to the departed) would have a better chance of landing elsewhere. Let's buyout Mix by EOB and we can all enjoy the weekend.

giphy.gif

with kreis in charge he is now orlando's number 1 starter now

Oh baby... season opener against Saunders!!?!?

Saunders had a tough time letting up goals, now he's facing the highest scoring team in the country. (Insert, dear in headlights Saunders look after he gives up a goal).

Our goal differential is going to be stacked after this game.

I may just think about flying to Orlando to the game to heckle Saunders the entire time now that he's an opponent.

Reactions: Kjbert
Ok, great news! I always thought Josh (let's be kind to the departed) would have a better chance of landing elsewhere. Let's buyout Mix by EOB and we can all enjoy the weekend.
I'm not up on all the MLS regs, but wouldn't the best course if they are not going to utilize him is to try and sell him abroad up until the deadline?

All the cut him talk supposes the team cares more about our salary cap than dropping 1.5 million dollars with no chance of lessening that cost. Since our owners presumably care about 1.5 million dollars, it behooves them to keep him on the team until they can find someone to pay some acceptable portion of that cost.