Potential Mancity Loanees

What about Enes Unal? I know we don't exactly need a striker but he killed it in Turkey last year. Is he in immediate first team plans for MCFC or is he a possible loanee?

edit: nevermind I see he is at Genk

What about Enes Unal? I know we don't exactly need a striker but he killed it in Turkey last year. Is he in immediate first team plans for MCFC or is he a possible loanee?

edit: nevermind I see he is at Genk

Yep. He has a two-year loan deal at Genk, too, so he won't be coming any time soon unfortunately. Most likely he won't go anywhere until he's got his EU passport or done enough to qualify for a work permit.

Reactions: Kjbert
If there was one player I would like to see loaned to NYC it would be Thierry Ambrose. This kid has the pace and physical ability to be a great success, and he has an eye for goal. If it was between him and Brandon Barker, I would take Thierry, because I believe he would offer more.

Who was the Midfielder who made the bench for Man City yesterday?

I know that 'Nacho came into the game very late (90'?), but I'm not sure who else was on the bench.

It's been said many times before that Iheanacho would be a pipe dream running around Yankee Stadium this summer, but these are the thoughts that are going to get us past the next few dark cold weeks until training camp begins.

Reactions: FootyLovin
I know that 'Nacho came into the game very late (90'?), but I'm not sure who else was on the bench.

It's been said many times before that Iheanacho would be a pipe dream running around Yankee Stadium this summer, but these are the thoughts that are going to get us past the next few dark cold weeks until training camp begins.
I wish it were otherwise, but I think Nacho is way too good for MC to let him come across the pond.

I wish it were otherwise, but I think Nacho is way too good for MC to let him come across the pond.
Agreed - a player they are bringing on in the 89th minute in a crucial EPL match for the purpose of either taking 3 or preserving 1 is not a likely loan candidate. Edited to add, also agree that it is fun to dream during these dark days.

Who was the Midfielder who made the bench for Man City yesterday?

That was James Horsfield. He's been in MCFC’s youth system since he was 7 so he's no expensive capture from abroad. He had a trial with Melbourne City 18 months ago but wasn't taken on - I'm not sure if that's because he wasn't good enough or because he didn't suit the restrictions of the Australian squad cap. Either way, while he's a year and a half older now, he's not been released yet and after all he did make MCFC's bench so he must still have something about him but he's not regarded as one of the top academy prospects and I'd be surprised if be ended up in NYC.

That was James Horsfield. He's been in MCFC’s youth system since he was 7 so he's no expensive capture from abroad. He had a trial with Melbourne City 18 months ago but wasn't taken on - I'm not sure if that's because he wasn't good enough or because he didn't suit the restrictions of the Australian squad cap. Either way, while he's a year and a half older now, he's not been released yet and after all he did make MCFC's bench so he must still have something about him but he's not regarded as one of the top academy prospects and I'd be surprised if be ended up in NYC.

He was over at Melbourne to train for a bit. However, there was no option to join because of the visa and cap restrictions.

I actually think it would make more sense for a player like Horsfield to go to NYCFC on loan, because he is unlikely to have a future at City. He has played at right back and midfield. He is 20 now and would have the incentive of making a career for himself.

Id be happy with George Evans - Good CDM - potential to be a starter or great cover. Brandon Barker- quick player, and speed is something we currently lack on this team, could be a killer player to have come off the bench for us. And if we sign jorge texiera- , that would mean we would have texieria, mena, hernandez, and white as centerabacks. We could still use one more and I think Ellis Plummer would be great cover to have at centerback- maybe we can even sign him instead of a loan.

Reactions: Kjbert and JayH
Preseason is in like 3 weeks, I wonder when they will announce the loanees.

Reactions: joe
Id be happy with George Evans - Good CDM - potential to be a starter or great cover. Brandon Barker- quick player, and speed is something we currently lack on this team, could be a killer player to have come off the bench for us. And if we sign jorge texiera- , that would mean we would have texieria, mena, hernandez, and white as centerabacks. We could still use one more and I think Ellis Plummer would be great cover to have at centerback- maybe we can even sign him instead of a loan.

Think that Man City would prefer Evans and Barker to play in the English Championship rather than your side of the pond but Plummer is most likely of those listed.

Preseason is in like 3 weeks, I wonder when they will announce the loanees.

My guess is they're waiting for the draft plus any transfers we do first. For example, right now we have a need at left back, but if we draft Vincent, sign Matarrita, or both, it's no longer a priority. I'd imagine Vieira has a list of players at each position he wants (and can get) and he'll pick 2 or 3 in areas of need once our acquisitions are complete.

My guess is they're waiting for the draft plus any transfers we do first. For example, right now we have a need at left back, but if we draft Vincent, sign Matarrita, or both, it's no longer a priority. I'd imagine Vieira has a list of players at each position he wants (and can get) and he'll pick 2 or 3 in areas of need once our acquisitions are complete.
I was gonna write this but you already did it.

Big difference between last year and this is likely that last year we were told who we have to take on loan and this year we will have PV at least having a say in who we want/need on loan.

Reactions: Kjbert and Gene