Qatar 2022 - The Shitshow

wasn't this determined months ago? that alcohol would only be served on "designated areas". how far from the stadium that is i dont know.
Nope. They agreed to sell in stadium AND designated areas. Also, there will be ‘drunk tents’ if they see you’re intoxicated. Not anymore….

heath ledger joker GIF

My favorite is where the Quatari "Supreme Committee for Delivery and Legacy" tells the affected "fans" that the change is for their own good to protect them from "erroneous misinformed statements" that, in so many words, made it clear they were being bribed.
Of course they're still being bribed with tickets, travel and lodging. Apparently the Supreme Committee thinks an incidental cash per diem is that one step too far.

Last edited:

My favorite is where the Quatari "Supreme Committee for Delivery and Legacy" tells the affected "fans" that the change is for their own good to protect them from "erroneous misinformed statements" that, in so many words, made it clear they were being bribed.
Of course they're still being bribed with tickets, travel and lodging. Apparently the Supreme Committee thinks an incidental cash per diem is that one step too far.
So all those fake fans that showed up were paid and the Qatari government who then lies and denies it. Then they take away these fake fans’ per diems they were relying on so they may starve before their free flight home takes them back to where they can afford food. While they wait they get to stay in a shipping containers in a dessert converted into “hotel room”.

This is some of the worst PR I’ve ever seen. This isn’t sportswashing. Feels like they just wanted their own private party with their rules and could give a fuck what the rest of the world thinks.

So all those fake fans that showed up were paid and the Qatari government who then lies and denies it.
I think those fake fan rallies were locals dressed in foreign jerseys, though I have nothing particular to base that on. I think the foreign fans are just expected to do instagram, tiktok, articles, etc. Influencer shit.

Reactions: adam
I think those fake fan rallies were locals dressed in foreign jerseys, though I have nothing particular to base that on. I think the foreign fans are just expected to do instagram, tiktok, articles, etc. Influencer shit.
So hard to keep track of all the different fraudulent propaganda they keep throwing at us.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
  • Wow
Reactions: moogoo
More people calling it a shit show! Maybe we shouldn’t have split threads when it seems this is now it’s proper name. Also, we should show them legends food and pricing. They’d never complain after that.

Reactions: moogoo and daveh
He basically said we need to give Qatar “a few hundred years” to change their policies towards those who are different. No Gianni, it took way too long, way too long, for the zeitgeist of the world move in the direction of all humans deserve equal rights and protections of freedom and safety, regardless of their skin color, religion, or sexuality. We as a world (and this is a world event) have witnessed too many atrocities over eons as a result of that type of backwards thinking. That it persists to this day in pockets of this world is a shame for us all. That one of those pockets was a place chosen to host the world’s game’s largest event is a shame upon FIFA. And an honor it never should have been in consideration for until it changes it’s policies & laws to reflect the values of the modern world. Respect runs both ways. If a nation or group of people choose to be stuck in the past and not respect the value of the lives of the others, the rest of the civilized and modern world does not have to respect such a culture. Some things are wrong and we’re allowed to say it out loud. And we shouldn’t have to wait “a few hundred years” for countless lives & families to be destroyed by unfair imprisonment, slave labor & executions as Mr. Infantino is asking us.

Just finished listening to the Men In Blazers / Crooked Media podcast about the corruption of this WC. Not much info people here don't already know. Tho entertaining still.

The 5th (and last for now) episode basically asks what can people (players, coaches, fans, etc) do?

Here's my idea: opposing teams agree to simply halt play for the 65th minute of each match (for 6500 migrant worker deaths). It would be as big as Jesse Owens. Can you imagine the visual of the players collectively stopping? Roll the ball to the center circle and just stand still, raise a fist, take a knee for 60 seconds?

I know this is a fantasy, but if I were GB, I'd be reaching out the Wales skipper to try to arrange it.

Reactions: adam and VernonJohn
Just finished listening to the Men In Blazers / Crooked Media podcast about the corruption of this WC. Not much info people here don't already know. Tho entertaining still.

The 5th (and last for now) episode basically asks what can people (players, coaches, fans, etc) do?

Here's my idea: opposing teams agree to simply halt play for the 65th minute of each match (for 6500 migrant worker deaths). It would be as big as Jesse Owens. Can you imagine the visual of the players collectively stopping? Roll the ball to the center circle and just stand still, raise a fist, take a knee for 60 seconds?

I know this is a fantasy, but if I were GB, I'd be reaching out the Wales skipper to try to arrange it.

I'm struggling to find a link but I saw a rumor that the Denmark team was trying to negotiate with France to kick off and then all take a knee for 65 seconds to honor the workers that died. Not sure of the validity of the rumor but it was along the same line of thinking.

I've also been thinking given how heavy-handed the Qatari government is already acting is it possible they are brazen enough to try to use security to stop some of these team/player protests? What happens if they are crazy enough to stop Harry Kane and threaten to arrest him if he doesn't take off his arm band? What does the English team do at that point, do they refuse to play? I know its a long shot but I honestly think we could see a team withdraw mid tournament if Qatar over steps in pushing back on some of these team based human rights protests.

Reactions: FootyLovin and adam
FOX's coverage this morning was really disgraceful. I mean we knew they would turn a blind shoulder to Qatar's human-rights abuses, but they went far and beyond that. Terrible and shameful.

FOX's coverage this morning was really disgraceful. I mean we knew they would turn a blind shoulder to Qatar's human-rights abuses, but they went far and beyond that. Terrible and shameful.
Yeah i had to turn it off when they had the king signing that jersey as the announcers were fawning over how moving it was. It all felt like some Leni Riefenstahl orchestrated event.

Reactions: Gotham Gator