Race for CCL Spot 2019

Based on the Language in the CONCACAF Document, Have We Qualified For the 2019 CCL? - Moot Poll Now

• Yes - We Qualified

Votes: 28 84.8%
  • No - We Did Not Qualify

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters
You bring up a good point, NJ vs ATL, which right now I guess right now we are looking for a tie. I can't remember off-hand the schedules, but I do remember that all three teams have relatively easy schedules to close out the season except for that. So unless there's some major slip-up by any of the teams (and ATL are the last of us three to yet have a slip up this season..) I think it'll end somewhere around what we have right now.

Haven’t looked at ATL, but NJ also has a match vs Toronto.

So both ATL and NJ have a match vs Toronto? Let's hope Toronto gets that "revival" so many people think will happen. I can't see it happening, and I can see ATL and NJ blowing them out.

Reactions: The Toe
Up to date scores and standings, 2 more matches tonight.

Wednesday 8/22:
NJ 1 @ NYC 1

Thursday 8/23:
CLB @ CHI 7:00
DAL @ HOU 9:00

Friday 8/24:
ATL @ ORL 8:00

Sunday 8/26:
DCU @ NJ 7:00
SEA @ POR 9:30

View attachment 9096

Updated:

Wednesday 8/22:
NJ 1 @ NYC 1

Thursday 8/23:
CLB 1 @ CHI 1
DAL 1 @ HOU 1

Friday 8/24:
ATL @ ORL 8:00

Sunday 8/26:
DCU @ NJ 7:00
SEA @ POR 9:30

Screenshot 2018-08-24 09.46.17.png

Atlanta and Toronto play on Decision Day

Just like last year, watching that game in the outfield at Citi Field on my phone and going crazy when Giovinco scored a free kick to tie it 2-2 which put us in 2nd place.

Likely need a Toronto win this year, though I would be concerned facing them in a 3-6 matchup.

Reactions: The Toe and adam
Just like last year, watching that game in the outfield at Citi Field on my phone and going crazy when Giovinco scored a free kick to tie it 2-2 which put us in 2nd place.

Likely need a Toronto win this year, though I would be concerned facing them in a 3-6 matchup.
at YS I don't think we'll have trouble.

This guy and his fucking jinxes
giphy.gif

So both ATL and NJ have a match vs Toronto? Let's hope Toronto gets that "revival" so many people think will happen. I can't see it happening, and I can see ATL and NJ blowing them out.
I think they have started to have a revival. Their last 5 MLS matches (and others):
  • 2-1 win at Chicago (ok, this isn't that great of a result, but we lost there)
  • 3-0 win home against Chicago (nice win, but Chicago sucks)
  • 2-2 draw at Atlanta (solid result)
  • 2-2 draw at Vancouver (cup match - solid result)
  • 2-3 loss to NYCFC at home (we know this one well, they played very well down a man)
  • 5-2 home win vs Vancouver (cup match)
  • 1-1 draw at San Jose - not a good result, but I'm going to give them a pass on this one considering their lineup and the travel out to SJ after a midweek cup game in Toronto (that followed guys playing 80 minutes down a man)

Reactions: adam and Shwafta
I think they have started to have a revival. Their last 5 MLS matches (and others):
  • 2-3 loss to NYCFC at home (we know this one well, they played very well down a man)
  • 1-1 draw at San Jose - not a good result, but I'm going to give them a pass on this one considering their lineup and the travel out to SJ after a midweek cup game in Toronto (that followed guys playing 80 minutes down a man)
Not a Sounders-esque revival, but I agree it's starting a revival but with Altidore out for one more, that might slow them down a bit.
I'm just happy we don't have to play them any more, we were quite lucky in our match.

Reactions: SoupInNYC

Would love for them to play spoiler vs ATL & NJ. I guess Im a Toronto fan till the playoffs. Yuck

I also think that Toronto will look at the last game against Atlanta as an opportunity to salvage some something from their regular season, even if they are likely already eliminated. Jozy and Bradly have been killed for their effort in the T&T game last year, but for their club, they and the rest of the TFC roster went all out last year and in CCL this year, and they seem, in fact, to have used up all their passion and energy. This has clearly been a comedown year for them. Beating the kings of 2018 on the last day would be a way to assert they're still the kings of all time MLS. I see this being a statement game for Toronto.

Doesn't guarantee Atlanta won't stomp them, but I expect Toronto to put up a solid fight.

Last edited:
Would love for them to play spoiler vs ATL & NJ. I guess Im a Toronto fan till the playoffs. Yuck

Yeah, if Toronto wins MLS Cup again this season when the top two teams from the aggregate table qualify for CCL. Unless MLS comes up with another way to fuck us over.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
Yeah, if Toronto wins MLS Cup again this season when the top two teams from the aggregate table qualify for CCL. Unless MLS comes up with another way to fuck us over.

If Philly can win the USOC, and Toronto makes playoffs. We'd have a 4/6 chance of reaching the CCL as the 2nd place team on the table if an East team were to win the MLS Cup.

Philly - Would double with USOC & MLS Cup
Toronto - Canadian team doesn't qualify
Atlanta - if they top table and win MLS Cup, 2nd place opens up.
NYC - We'd go in by wining.

We could even have 4/6 chance if Montreal also makes playoffs instead of Toronto or Philly.

So the way Playoffs are shaping up it's pretty sure that ATL, NJ, NYC & CLB will make it.

If Philly wins the USOC, we want the last 2 teams to be a combo of PHI/TOR/MTL. Only NJ and CLB can screw us that way.

Reactions: Fabio and SoupInNYC
If Philly can win the USOC, and Toronto makes playoffs. We'd have a 4/6 chance of reaching the CCL as the 2nd place team on the table if an East team were to win the MLS Cup.

Philly - Would double with USOC & MLS Cup
Toronto - Canadian team doesn't qualify
Atlanta - if they top table and win MLS Cup, 2nd place opens up.
NYC - We'd go in by wining.

We could even have 4/6 chance if Montreal also makes playoffs instead of Toronto or Philly.

So the way Playoffs are shaping up it's pretty sure that ATL, NJ, NYC & CLB will make it.

If Philly wins the USOC, we want the last 2 teams to be a combo of PHI/TOR/MTL. Only NJ and CLB can screw us that way.
And that's also why, on the West side of the bracket, we should root for SKC and Vancouver (if they can make it in)