Rbny Reduces Available Tickets To 500

It would be more helpful if they spelled out what infractions resulted in the sanctions than just starting the impact.

I think this relates to smoke bombs, especially the ones thrown on the field.

It sucks, but...ehh, it's not too bad.

They could have punished us the way we punish ourselves - and only allowed us to sing Hey Baby for 90 minutes for the rest of the season.

Hahaha!

But seriously, these sanctions are so lame, and likely won't stop the few idiots. If they really want to punish them, they would just ban them all from the games, like they do in Serie A. MLS still wants the ticket revenue.

I think this relates to smoke bombs, especially the ones thrown on the field.

I agree I just think it needs to be spelled out. You don't want to allow people to try to interpret things themselves or you are going to end up with people rationalizing things like: "it's only because of that one smoke bomb that got thrown on the field at RBA, they dont care about the ones in the stands." It sounds stupid but we have to keep in mind that we are not dealing with the sharpest members of the fan base.

anyone know what the additional bans red bull have laid out. and mentioned by others, not really a "punishment" feels like a warning perhaps? at first i thought that no away fans would be able to go to away games.

anyone know what the additional bans red bull have laid out. and mentioned by others, not really a "punishment" feels like a warning perhaps? at first i thought that no away fans would be able to go to away games.

The RB ban is the basis of this thread. They've limited the number of tickets.

another embarrassment from the Third Rail. They will have to make do without my 30 bucks next year.
I understand how you feel but this is not really the fault of the Third Rail as they have been begging people to not bring smoke bombs to the games. If the organization says, "don't do it" and the same 8 or 10 people still do it there's not really much the Third Rail can do about it. It's a tough situation without really much of a good solution as far as I can see.

In some ways this is the fault of the FO in a way at least in part. It's hard to get people to stop with the smoke when they put it up on the official club web site and Twitter account at the beginning of the season.

The sad part about all of this, is amazingly, notwithstanding everything, YS and the FO supposedly have/had been considering ways to incorporate smoke at YS in various more controlled ways. Every violation, embarrassment, and sanction likely puts these plans on hold and possibly off of the table in the near term, later this season, and possibly even further out. Who knows what is/was planned, but any efforts to improve the experience no matter how small would have been progress. Nice going!

Reactions: BxLio91
I understand how you feel but this is not really the fault of the Third Rail as they have been begging people to not bring smoke bombs to the games. If the organization says, "don't do it" and the same 8 or 10 people still do it there's not really much the Third Rail can do about it. It's a tough situation without really much of a good solution as far as I can see.

In some ways this is the fault of the FO in a way at least in part. It's hard to get people to stop with the smoke when they put it up on the official club web site and Twitter account at the beginning of the season.
Thats not really true. The guy who asked people to stop the smoke was basically driven out of his position.

Reactions: Drainyoo
Thats not really true. The guy who asked people to stop the smoke was basically driven out of his position.

Also, how hard can it be for TR to identify these people and just kick them out of the group. Or at least make sure they don't continue doing this bullshit.

Also, how hard can it be for TR to identify these people and just kick them out of the group. Or at least make sure they don't continue doing this bullshit.
There's a lot of reasons that's almost impossible, and it's basically a problem in group dynamics that every group has, no matter how large or how small. For example, I'm a Third Rail member but I have no idea who's doing the smoke. And yes, if I was group president I'd ask for people to tell me who was doing it and kick them out. Problem is, is that they already tried that and as you said above the only thing that happened was they guy got hugely hassled for it. And even if the group does kick out the "perps" so what? Is that going to stop them? Probably not. So where do we go from here? I have no idea. Just because people belong to a group doesn't mean you can control their actions.

There's a lot of reasons that's almost impossible, and it's basically a problem in group dynamics that every group has, no matter how large or how small. For example, I'm a Third Rail member but I have no idea who's doing the smoke. And yes, if I was group president I'd ask for people to tell me who was doing it and kick them out. Problem is, is that they already tried that and as you said above the only thing that happened was they guy got hugely hassled for it. And even if the group does kick out the "perps" so what? Is that going to stop them? Probably not. So where do we go from here? I have no idea. Just because people belong to a group doesn't mean you can control their actions.

Possibly, but people need to grow a pair. If you're a TR member who doesn't partake in the stupidity, and doesn't want to see the entire group get punished for the actions of some idiots, then you should call them out.

I have a hard time believing that the members who are near these idiots don't witness the smoke bombs being lit.

Last edited: