Red Bull Fans Are Browsing The Forum

I had a Cow arguing with me this morning that the Supporters Shield is a MLS championship because it gives them access to champions league.
roflroll2.gif

I reminded him that the #1 team in the other conference also gets into the CCL and asked him if that means they're a Champion, too. The discussion ended abruptly but not before he mentioned that the runner-up in the REAL championship game also used to get into CCL. Which made no sense as that further weakens his argument but hey, there's a reason he's still rooting for the energy drinks.
The Supporter's Shield is absolutely an MLS championship. It is the champion of the regular season. It has nothing to do with access to the Champion's League. It is the award for being the best over 34 games.

I wouldn't compare us and RBNY to Everton and Liverpool, I'd say it's more like Chelsea and Fulham - the only thing they really have to be rivals about is their geogrpahical location. Other than that Chelsea almost pity Fulham as they don't have the recourses, fan base or structure that can realistically challenge.

Let the Red Bulls have their cup finals against us twice a year, it'll be a nice day out for them I'm sure :)

I was tempted to use the leeds and man united comparison but couldn't bring myself too.

Cos whatever league leeds are in I'll always f*ckin hate Man U!

So I guess we're not going to be having that inter-team friendship picnic? Shame, I was going to fire up the smoker and make some great ribs.

So I guess we're not going to be having that inter-team friendship picnic? Shame, I was going to fire up the smoker and make some great ribs.

Well it's like when I was growing up and my mother forced me to bring my younger, uglier, much uncooler younger brother everywhere with me.

I mean sure you can come to the picnic, just observe quietly from the back and don't talk to anyone under any circumstance!

Reactions: CP_Scouse
Hey I really can't hate on you guys as I don't personally have issues with RBNY.
But it does look kind of bad when you guys are browsing our forums... Flattering ... But kind of desperate.

Reactions: CP_Scouse
you guys made a thread first
It wasn't "who made a thread first." It was that it looks desperate to take an interest in soccer in the New York Metropolitan Area and browse forums for different teams. Personally, I like to stay informed as I'm sure CP_Scouse was attempting to do when he stumbled across Metrofanatic.

I'm telling you guys, we have this picnic, maybe play some badminton and a little volleyball, and we'll smooth this whole thing right over and be like peas and carrots.

It wasn't "who made a thread first." It was that it looks desperate to take an interest in soccer in the New York Metropolitan Area and browse forums for different teams. Personally, I like to stay informed as I'm sure CP_Scouse was attempting to do when he stumbled across Metrofanatic.

I'm telling you guys, we have this picnic, maybe play some badminton and a little volleyball, and we'll smooth this whole thing right over and be like peas and carrots.
come to the NY derby

Reactions: Johnny

Hey man we've been pretty civil here with you. I did look at that post and saw no one from these forums there. But what we do have is your supporters taking screen shots of ours and trying to make us look bad... That's what is desperate to me.
But all is good. We'll stay here, keep to ourself and see you in 2015. That will decide everything. Should be a rocking atmosphere.

Reactions: einwindir