Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
Last edited:
fucing trader bitch.
she did a shit job here anyway.
billboards and subway signs? whats all that abiout

i assume that was to get the word out? i only saw them all last year and maybe till april and that was it no more subway ads, billboards or not even the public phone ads ( lol).

still, on social media and showing up at random events in city im sure helped.

Last edited:
Reactions: CP_Scouse
When she leaves she brings her clients too. Fuck

We need fucking commercials. Honestly, its not hard to go to the film academy and ask around.

The marketing for this team is horrible. I could do way better.

Subway signs, commercials, stickers everyehere (the cosmos practically own W.Broadway and LES). Actual fuvking grafiti, like on a wall without permission. Construction posters. Advertise in flushing and roosevelt avenue. Theres so many workers there that dont have an Anerican soccer team. Its not a hard concept to invest money in marketing

We'll our marketing team is much better than the Red Bulls. The original graffiti stuff was trash, but the way it was put out there was good. Bad design, good placement. Also New York City and Yankee Stadium and David Villa (and Fat Frank) makes your job really easy.

When she leaves she brings her clients too. Fuck

We need fucking commercials. Honestly, its not hard to go to the film academy and ask around.

The marketing for this team is horrible. I could do way better.

Subway signs, commercials, stickers everyehere (the cosmos practically own W.Broadway and LES). Actual fuvking grafiti, like on a wall without permission. Construction posters. Advertise in flushing and roosevelt avenue. Theres so many workers there that dont have an Anerican soccer team. Its not a hard concept to invest money in marketing
If only stickers on W. Broadway and the LES correlated to attendance.

If you can't beat them, hire them.

Our marketing department has done a terrific job. That strong connection you felt to the club only a few games into the season... they had a lot to do with that. Properly branding us as the city's only soccer club has elevated us at the expense of the Red Bulls, even when they are contending for the Supporter's Shield. Our leadership in social media in our very first season? That starts with the marketing guys.

Wait. Almost 30k people show up to a midweek game near the end of a bad season and you think the marketing team is awful? HA

I work in marketing and the turnover rate is surprisingly quick and incestuous. Its also not like this was the person that did ALL the marketing herself. There is a whole team dedicated to that. I think NYCFC's marketing team has been amazing this year. Hell, they got me to buy season tickets from 3000 miles away, months before I even moved here!

The team being a shiny new toy and having famous players brings in the 30K. Not the marketing they did. Oh and actually playing in NYC

The team being a shiny new toy and having famous players brings in the 30K. Not the marketing they did. Oh and actually playing in NYC
I agree. I obviously cannot argue with the attendance results, but it seems to me that the substantial base of those results have been in spite of rather than because of their marketing. I signed up when there were only 3 players and there was nothing to market except Villa and NYC. And for me the key was NYC. I found out about the team not due to their efforts, but because last year's World Cup made me decide to look into MLS for the first time, and I remember doing a google search for "MLS New York" and thinking, how neat: a new team in NYC. I literally found out about the whole MetroStar/Red Bull history after that.

Numerous times since then I have felt as if the club was doing everything it could to push me away. Much of that is a result of issues and decisions unrelated to marketing, but some of it was marketing. I also think they have gotten better, but their early missteps were epic, including the fiasco of the uniform reveal event and the tweet celebrating Lampard's goal for MCFC the day after the club announced he was not coming when promised. As they ramped up, filled out the roster and played real games they have found their footing and I would have to credit some of the more recent trend upwards to their work product.

They must have thrown a pretty sick remuneration package at her. If she really is all that good at her job, she'd tell them to change their name to reflect the actual state they represent.

Reactions: thesauerchise
who_cares_family_guy.gif

They must have thrown a pretty sick remuneration package at her. If she really is all that good at her job, she'd tell them to change their name to reflect the actual state they represent.
My hunch is that MLS and/or the Red Bulls would never allow that to happen.

I can't really comment on her impact, but the marketing is a team effort.
Let her go. Sod her. What's done is done. Let's improve in the future.