Road Tickets (montreal)

doctorhoosier

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Nov 13, 2014
Connecticut
Hello all -

I'm looking to make the trip to Montreal for the game on Saturday, July 4th.

Do we know if NYCFC will have tickets available, or if the Third Rail will? I don't know for certain that I want to sit with the 3R, but if I get discounted tickets, it may be worth it.

Anyone else planning on making the trip? It's only about six hours from here, and that's a good weekend for travel.

Reactions: Fabio
Fantastic - thanks. Any recommendations on route or places to stay?

Anywhere in downtown Montreal is fine. I'd recommend staying near St. Catherine street so you can easily walk back to your room after partying. The train stops right at the stadium so getting there is no problem. Just try to find the best balance between cost and quality. Also, take a good look at offerings on airbnb. You can find some really good deals there too. The easiest way to go is 87 North. It's the most simple route and very low traffic for 95% of the drive.

Reactions: doctorhoosier
I
Hello all -

Do we know if NYCFC will have tickets available, or if the Third Rail will? I don't know for certain that I want to sit with the 3R, but if I get discounted tickets, it may be worth it.

Anyone else planning on making the trip? It's only about six hours from here, and that's a good weekend for travel.
w
Hello all -

i would love to. But. Im restricted from crossing the border.

I used to make this trip twice a month from NYC. You got two options. Take the I87 N straight up or start on the Taconic until you hit the I87 N around Albany. It basically comes down to how much you like making pitstops and the possibility of traffic. I don't make many stops, so I take the Tatonic to avoid trucks and traffic. It is very scenic too.

As for Montreal, it is very French. Basically, it is bilingual in name only - don't get me started on the politics of it. If you speak French you won't have any issues. If you want to stay in downtown Montreal and speak some English, try to find a place in Le Plateau. Great section of the city that is more English-friendly. You can also try around McGill University too. There are other Anglophone areas, but they are not as accessible.

I want to go to Montreal to see a game, but I might not be able to make July 4th. It's a great city to visit overall. Try the poutine!

Reactions: doctorhoosier
I used to make this trip twice a month from NYC. You got two options. Take the I87 N straight up or start on the Taconic until you hit the I87 N around Albany. It basically comes down to how much you like making pitstops and the possibility of traffic. I don't make many stops, so I take the Tatonic to avoid trucks and traffic. It is very scenic too.

As for Montreal, it is very French. Basically, it is bilingual in name only - don't get me started on the politics of it. If you speak French you won't have any issues. If you want to stay in downtown Montreal and speak some English, try to find a place in Le Plateau. Great section of the city that is more English-friendly. You can also try around McGill University too. There are other Anglophone areas, but they are not as accessible.

I want to go to Montreal to see a game, but I might not be able to make July 4th. It's a great city to visit overall. Try the poutine!
Appreciate the note on the French - I learned College French but certainly would be afraid to insult with my awful "Parlez-vous anglais?"

I'm going to be brushing up on my French again before the trip, but an area that isn't too uncomfortable with me speaking a bit of English would be better.

Poutine from La Banquise or 3B especially.

Montreal is really cool in that almost everyone can speak English but they assume you speak French first.

One more tip... fill up your gas tank before crossing the border! Look for the Plattsburgh exits. I am starting to miss making that drive :(

Somebody keep BxLio91 BxLio91 off St. Catherine St... especially if we lose!!!!

Had my brothers bachelor party in Montreal back in the day... Good times. From what I have been told!!!o_Oo_Oo_O

Reactions: BxLio91