Same Boring Frank Lampard Thread 2.0

Don't say that Midas, you're not a real fan. Or you might get told to go support the red bulls instead by some slob in manchester.
Slobs from Manchester?! Get real!

WALMART GALLERY1(1).jpeg

It's impossible to follow the mental gymnastics of folks blaming NYC. Do we really think it's more plausible that NYC and all of MLS arranged a fake signing where they pretended to sign Frank and were able keep it quiet for months than it is that CFG decided to fix the paperwork to fit their desires and Frank played along, with them agreeing to take the heat? I know what I believe.
Nah, I see fake signings perpetuated by both the player and club all the time. I mean what organization/player wouldn't want to look stupid and piss off their fans?

I'm sure Kreis and Reyna, in their brand new jobs, didn't tell anyone at Manchester what they were up to before they made an announcement that would be seen around the world. Well, besides the people that work on the website, they were privy to Kreis and Reyna's little renegade party.

But did Kreis and company look at the piece of paper they were signing? A commitment? I mean a commitment is a whimsical thing that apparently Manchester and its fans do not recognize.

Has anyone seen Frank on this ITV show Play to the Whistle?
According to Wikipedia they filmed as recently as May 3rd.
Did he really stay on with Man City so he could do panel shows in his free time? (Obviously I know that's not the case, but come on.)
His being in Manchester sounds more and more like CFG's decision with each bit of info coming out. What's he supposed to do? Boycott?

I've moved this thread over to Debate Desk so the shitposting can continue. Im not warning or banning 20 different people for offtopic posting so there ya go. Since the rules are different in Debate Desk I've also undeleted all the previous posts.

Reactions: NYCFCFan10
His being in Manchester sounds more and more like CFG's decision with each bit of info coming out. What's he supposed to do? Boycott?
Legendary players at the end of their careers are completely powerless in these situations. I agree.

Reactions: The Toe
Legendary players at the end of their careers are completely powerless in these situations. I agree.
And really any player. When it comes down to it, even if you're in your prime, making millions and millions of dollars, FO bickering, playing their "game of thrones"... it probably leaves your mind pretty quickly when they hand you a 6-figure check every week. You like to think most athletes are human in that sense, that they'd accept whatever's happening with the higher ups and wait for it to be over.

And really any player. When it comes down to it, even if you're in your prime, making millions and millions of dollars, FO bickering, playing their "game of thrones"... it probably leaves your mind pretty quickly when they hand you a 6-figure check every week. You like to think most athletes are human in that sense, that they'd accept whatever's happening with the higher ups and wait for it to be over.
I was being sarcastic.

Lampard holds a lot of power because he can retire at any moment if he so chooses...

Nah, I see fake signings perpetuated by both the player and club all the time. I mean what organization/player wouldn't want to look stupid and piss off their fans?

I'm sure Kreis and Reyna, in their brand new jobs, didn't tell anyone at Manchester what they were up to before they made an announcement that would be seen around the world. Well, besides the people that work on the website, they were privy to Kreis and Reyna's little renegade party.

But did Kreis and company look at the piece of paper they were signing? A commitment? I mean a commitment is a whimsical thing that apparently Manchester and its fans do not recognize.
You did really well there you only mentioned Manchester twice it looks like your rantings and obsession is calming down a bit

An obligation to buy now = as soon as the transfer window opens. Negredo will count as a transfer in 15/16 so next season, same with Sinclair. Porto report all their transfers to the Portugese stock market, I believe it was £42m in total.
Yes, you're right. My numbers were pretty close too. No idea what typicalcity typicalcity is thinking with his numbers.

An obligation to buy now = as soon as the transfer window opens. Negredo will count as a transfer in 15/16 so next season, same with Sinclair. Porto report all their transfers to the Portugese stock market, I believe it was £42m in total.

Nope Negredo's transfer is counted as this season, definitely. City wanted confirmation from UEFA over it before they signed Bony. Sinclair's will count this season too, as will Nastasic's. It does seem to true that Mangala did cost £42m though. Porto announced they received £24.3m for their 56.67% share in Mangala, so it seems likely he cost City £42m in total.

I didn't but I bet it was:

"I can't wait to get there!"
"Super excited to experience New York!"
"Chelsea and Manchester City are the best!"
"Yankee Stadium is an amazing place."
Ect.

We should have bingo boards.
I also expect Crooks to tap dance around the questions that matter. Someone find a link.

Nope Negrado is this season. UEFA ratified it when we bought Bony.
It had to be ratified otherwise the £50M mark would have been broken.

If you want to bump up Mangala and exclude Sinclair fine, brings it to around £25M not the £50M+ of @Nicholas Constantino

If you want to bump up Mangala and exclude Sinclair fine, brings it to around £25M not the £50M+ of @Nicholas Constantino
Don't forget nastasic and the Richards loan money and the huws money.

I honestly thought nothing could be more boring than this Lampard discussion until reading about MCFC's net buy and sell. For fuck's sake...

Unless I'm mistaken UEFA allowed because Negredo was being sold, this isn't the same as he has been sold. Negredo is still a Man City player right now and his transfer to Valencia will be next season.Transfer fees most of the time aren't lump sums, City could easily spread the cost of the fees over 1 or 2 years to comply with FFP.

Unless I'm mistaken UEFA allowed because Negredo was being sold, this isn't the same as he has been sold. Negredo is still a Man City player right now and his transfer to Valencia will be next season.Transfer fees most of the time aren't lump sums, City could easily spread the cost of the fees over 1 or 2 years to comply with FFP.

The point of sale was August 2014 which is why UEFA have allowed it. It is being paid next month because back then Valencia were under hardship and a long and protracted ownership and Spanish legal problems were being sorted. The goodwill was on City's part as Valencia wanted him but could not pay. Negredo had to leave Manchester as he, allegedly, been caught with his pants down by the wrong guy. If he had stayed, he would have gone to Valencia in installments, literally.

Yes depreciation is used by all clubs and has been before FFP, it is usually the length of the player's contract which is usually 3-4 years. That would bring City's outgoings to @£27M and income to @£20M which at £7M and is even further from £50M.