Sb Nation Mock Mls Expansion Draft Results

NewYorkCityWatch

Registered
Mar 28, 2014
http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2014/12/3/7325525/mock-mls-expansion-draft-results

I am not going to lie if we ended up with those 10 this guy selected I would be vastly disappointed. In my opinion, Kreis and NYCFC go defensive heavy in this draft and also go for young talent. I do not feel veteran old players will be selected very much and it will not be midfield heavy like this guy selected. Extensive research has been done on my part leading up to this expansion draft and the only two he picked that were even on my radar were Remick and Mullins. Both of the guys are young and very talented. Selecting a 34 year old attacking midfielder as the number one pick seems borderline dumb. Especially when Reyna said they are targeting an attacking midfielder for the 3rd DP role. I could go more into this but at first glance either I or this guy selecting in this mock draft has no clue what we are doing.

On my radar:
Seattle: DEF Dylan Remick
NYRB: GK Ryan Meara
Houston: DEF David Horst
RSL: DEF Carlos Salcedo/ MID Grabavoy
DC: DEF Taylor Kemp
Portland: DEF Norberto Paparatto
KC: ST Soony Saad
NE: ST Patrick Mullins
Colorado: DEF Thomas Piermayr
Philly: MID Pedro Ribeiro

http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2014/12/3/7325525/mock-mls-expansion-draft-results

I am not going to lie if we ended up with those 10 this guy selected I would be vastly disappointed. In my opinion, Kreis and NYCFC go defensive heavy in this draft and also go for young talent. I do not feel veteran old players will be selected very much and it will not be midfield heavy like this guy selected. Extensive research has been done on my part leading up to this expansion draft and the only two he picked that were even on my radar were Remick and Mullins. Both of the guys are young and very talented. Selecting a 34 year old attacking midfielder as the number one pick seems borderline dumb. Especially when Reyna said they are targeting an attacking midfielder for the 3rd DP role. I could go more into this but at first glance either I or this guy selecting in this mock draft has no clue what we are doing.

On my radar:
I like your selections much better

On my radar:

I'm excited to start and see our roster fill up! Also, your selections are much better and more realistic compared to the SB Nation article.

I agree that we should pick up mainly defensive figures but to get Teal Bunbury would be a nice pick up. Suggesting he's only 24, he can learn from Villa.

Reactions: Kjbert
Have the teams finalized their protected lists yet? If not, when are they due?

1. NYCFC -- Péguy Luyindula (NYRB)
2. NYCFC -- Jean-Baptiste Pierazzi (from SJE)
3. NYCFC -- Dylan Remick (from SEA)
4. NYCFC -- Benji Joya (from CHI)
5. NYCFC -- Chris Seitz (from DAL)
6. NYCFC -- Devon Sandoval (from RSL)
7. NYCFC -- Chance Myers (from SKC)
8. NYCFC -- Danny Cruz (from PHI)
9. NYCFC -- Patrick Mullins (from NER)
10. NYCFC -- Servando Carrasco (from HOU)

Of these, Remick, Myers, Cruz, Mullins and Carrasco are possible. I think those are decent picks.No way NYCFC picks Luyindula or Pierazzi, too old and internationals. Kreis will never pick former players Seitz and Sandoval. Joya is probably just going back to Mexico (only on loan to Chicago).

Reactions: NewYorkCityWatch
Meara instead of Luyindula
Piermayr instead of Seitz
Saad instead of Sandoval
Carroll instead of Joya

Reactions: MagnusPax
Just curious, why Piermayr?
Big, talented centre-back with European experience, and still only 25. I think he'd slot perfectly next to a more experience centre back. Maybe Borchers if he's not picked up by Orlando?

Also, If we get Meara, then there's no need for Seitz.

Big, talented centre-back with European experience, and still only 25. I think he'd slot perfectly next to a more experience centre back. Maybe Borchers if he's not picked up by Orlando?

Also, If we get Meara, then there's no need for Seitz.
RSL just traded Borchers to Portland.

Is Piermayr American?

Have you seen them play? I rate KWS more.
I've seen them a couple of times. Kwame is very athletic; he's big, tall, strong, quick. Piermayr is slightly more cultured; better on the ball, better positioning, just an overall better centre back.

Look at KWS, he's 28 and only has 50 appearances to his name. That's a frankly appalling record, even with his injury history. Piermayr is only 25 and has 137, he had more than Kwame when he was 21, and has represented Austria at every youth level. Plus he's played in Tippeligean, SPL and MLS whereas most of KWS's apps have come in the lower US leagues: PDL, USL and NASL.

They would both be good options for us, but I'd have Piermayr above KWS in the pecking order.

Reactions: Across the Pond
Of course you are entitled to your opinion, but I would say before his injury, Watson-Siriboe was in line to replace Borchers in Salt Lake, a top MLS team. Piermayr couldn't even barely break the starting 11 of probably the worse Colorado team of all time.

Kreis knows Kwame and will at least keep him in rotation, above a player like Piermayr. Plus, again, he is a international and a waste of that slot.

So tomorrow we should know who is protected and not protected I believe? Is that made public do we know?