Should Pigeons Be The Official Mascot?

Should The Pigeon Become Official NYCFC Mascot?

• Yes

Votes: 24 35.8%
  • No

Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Keep it unofficial

Votes: 24 35.8%

• Total voters
I originally had no time for the Pigeons "thing" but slowly grew to like it more. That said, it shouldn't ever be any more than a fan-adopted moniker. I don't mind the club making media joking about it but I'd be loathe to ever see a pigeon put on the club badge, or the club put up a permanent banner at the new stadium saying "Home of the Pigeons" or something. In some ways, I see the Pigeons moniker as a collective name for the fans, less than the club itself.

I'm not saying we should be known as the NYC Pigeons instead of NYCFC but Orlando incorporates the lion into their logo. It's done tastefully. I think they have a mascot and in no way do I want to see a guy in a pigeon costume strutting around Yankee Stadium, but I think the team could do more to incorporate into t-shirt, stadium signage, etc.

you guys do know that there is a guy who dresses up as an NYCFC pidgeon right?
DAXw4lXUwAALVCi.jpg:large

I originally had no time for the Pigeons "thing" but slowly grew to like it more. That said, it shouldn't ever be any more than a fan-adopted moniker. I don't mind the club making media joking about it but I'd be loathe to ever see a pigeon put on the club badge, or the club put up a permanent banner at the new stadium saying "Home of the Pigeons" or something. In some ways, I see the Pigeons moniker as a collective name for the fans, less than the club itself.

Exactly this.

Ditto. Unofficial, but a good thing.

Of course. Love it or hate it, it's easily recognizable and not embraced by any other sports team in NYC. I've always liked it. I love what Omari does with it. We use it on our Light Rail merch. It just makes sense to incorporate it here and there.
And Omari has been rocking that since Day 1. He was in the row behind me in 237 for the Home Opener in 2015 and I have a great video celebrating the Villa goal as he puts the pigeon head on.

I may have to sport the bluebird shirt at some point again, simply because it's so ugly (cool). It's just hard to handle all of the abuse I get from my family when I wear it, as well as to get past my wife's discouraging suggestion that while the bluebird may, in fact, be the NY state bird, you sure as hell don't see too many bluebirds in NYC.

yes unofficial...since i dont think there will be a mascot until there is a new stadium.

ABSOLUTELY FKN NOT !!! NOR SHOULD IT EVER HAVE BEEN ! NickA I bow to your wisdom! Your reply was Genius. Your the Einstein of this forum!!! Thank You !!

Reactions: NickA
I may have to sport the bluebird shirt at some point again, simply because it's so ugly (cool). It's just hard to handle all of the abuse I get from my family when I wear it, as well as to get past my wife's discouraging suggestion that while the bluebird may, in fact, be the NY state bird, you sure as hell don't see too many bluebirds in NYC.
I like Pigeons okay... I like Bluebirds okay... I'd prob prefer something else officially or unofficially... but I do know I'd much prefer something. Some sort of identity other than the bland FC. I honestly think the branding of the club is pretty awful and if fixed could result in a lot more casual fan attention/recognition. In any case, another poll option could be helpful: D) Regardless of specific nickname/mascot eventually selected, I'd want one to be identified and used (I'd prefer almost anything over FC).

Reactions: Jon and mgarbowski
Whilst its good that the name came organically, its not something you really want to be associated with though right ?

Reactions: Vallos