Single Match Tickets To Go On Sale

neat, cant wait to see the schedule come out, then i can start planning days off etc to try and make games.

Reactions: JCizzle
neat, cant wait to see the schedule come out, then i can start planning days off etc to try and make games.
Me either. I plan to at least hit one home game and one game at Red Bulls Stadium being that's the side of the river I'm on and will be cool rooting for them in opposing grounds.

Per Dan Steeves at NYCFC,

• Single match tickets should go on sale sometime after the schedule is released, which will be next month.
That's huge. I know a lot of people on twitter were saying that individual game tickets would go on sale BEFORE the schedule was released.o_O

Well how far in advance are single game tickets sold in MLS?
It varies by club and when the schedule is released. Up until the last few years, the schedule would often be released in late January and early February. Now, with mostly SSS, they have been releasing the schedule as early as December.
Most clubs often start selling multi-game packs first, then move onto single match tickets.

Reactions: einwindir
I'm planning at least one game in Yankee Stadium and one in Red Bull Stadium.

Wow, if the brokers think they're going to get those prices they're going to take a bath this summer. I sure hope the team sets up their own ticket exchange program similar to the one the Yankees have with Ticketmaster.

I hate Ticketmaster with a passion, but the set up they have with the Yankees is pretty damn good and the fees are tolerable (at least for tickets in the 400 level).

Last edited:
Wow, if the brokers think they're going to get those prices they're going to take a bath this summer.

Serious question, what do you expect to pay ? (100 dollars is £65) thats about average over here

The prices on stubhub for the opening game seem reasonable for some sections, some others not so much. I don't see tickets going for $500 even for field seats on opening day.

M MrE single game ticket prices were established at the time the season card was released:

StadiumMap-edit5v14-01.jpg

StadiumMap-edit5v14-01.jpg

I'm pretty sure this is nothing more than people phishing to see whats what, but those prices are laughable.

Those tickets in section 235 have a face value of $18 each for a season ticket holder or $25 for single match and they're asking $99.95 each. Those tickets in section 226 are $38/$45 and they want over $440 per.

I was looking at the stubhub prices as well and they're insanely high. I get that's its opening day and we are expecting a sellout but damn you can buy my tickets for the whole season for the price someone is asking for one game.
Then again I have tickets in 14A front row aisle seats and that entire section is sold out for the season. In fact almost that entire lower level side of the stadium is sold out and that was a month ago last I checked.
So if someone wants to sit there they'll have to pay up as it's impossible to get single game tickets in that section unless you're going reseller.
However stubhub needs to redu their map. It looks nothing like NYCFC's official map and doesn't position the field appropriately.

Reactions: LostAnvil
Here's a look at the discrepancy. I have 14A so my seat is to the wide left of goal while stubhub shows it behind/right of goal. Not a good representation of what you're buying. Also shows the seats far behind when in fact they're very close up.
image.jpg

Reactions: 413Blue