Slang?

CP_Scouse

Registered
Mar 27, 2014
Queens
i understamd some people here arent from city, so i wanna hear your slang.
heres some city slang :
mad- to describe quantity (i have mad money)

good looks- good job or idea or thing (thanks for the oranges, good looks)

word to/two/too- to agree with (P1: "the test was mad hard" P2 "word to")

tight- anger or tense (Lampard is getting me mad tight right now)

whipped- to be in a relationship (Michael is whipped)

word?-oh really? (P1 "the test was mad hard" P2"word?")

chill- stop OR hang out (Chill, quit making fun of him) (wanna chill later)

boy (spelled boii)- bro (*someone misses a foul shot* BOII)

pause- stop (Pause, i left my keys at home)

(To) Cut Ass- meaning to make fun of/ tease (stop cutting Charlies ass)

nae nae- dance

yeet- dance

doe- though (where they at doe)

Ai- alright (p1 "bring a ball tomorow" p2" ai"

Facts- to agree with (p1 "the test was mad hard" p2"facts it was")

tru- to agree with (p1 "the test was mad hard" p2"tru"

fam- person (chill fam, stop cutting ass)

come thru- come (come thru to the park later to play ball)

odee- alot of (theres was od people there)

dead ass- serious (are you dead ass?) (im dead ass)

hot minute- long periord of time (i been out here for a hot minute)

Bae- your main person (me and bae are gonna catch a movie later)

loud- a term for good weed (i smell something loud in the park)

thot- acronym for That Hoe Over There (denise is a Thot)

finna- short for "fixing to" (i finna go to the movies with bae)

lean- a mix of codine and sprite and jolly ranchers (i finna get o.d lean later)

O.G- original (i got O.G jordans)

deadstock- never worn/ used (i got o.g deadstock jordans)

squad (pronounced squaaa, no d)- group of friends (me and squad got bitties)

bitties- girls (i get bitties)

Last edited:
I'm from the Canadian border so we have all sorts of words
bud- endearing term for a friend or younger relative
buckshot- somebody smaller than you that either fights a lot or a younger family member
jacked up- what someone does when they upgrade their shitty truck
sports- what you come out of the womb doing
coyote (pronounced cai- oat)- coyote
dogs- hunting dogs "we lettin the dogs go this weekend?"
mudding- taking some form of motor vehicle and riding it through mud puddles and trails
buckey- usually a somewhat degrading nick name for someone. "You ok there buckey?
poutine- cheese curds, gravy, and french fries (also known as heaven on earth)
plattsburgh/massena only places around with malls (each are 40-60 miles away depending on location

I'm from the Canadian border so we have all sorts of words
bud- endearing term for a friend or younger relative
buckshot- somebody smaller than you that either fights a lot or a younger family member
jacked up- what someone does when they upgrade their shitty truck
sports- what you come out of the womb doing
coyote (pronounced cai- oat)- coyote
dogs- hunting dogs "we lettin the dogs go this weekend?"
mudding- taking some form of motor vehicle and riding it through mud puddles and trails
buckey- usually a somewhat degrading nick name for someone. "You ok there buckey?
poutine- cheese curds, gravy, and french fries (also known as heaven on earth)
plattsburgh/massena only places around with malls (each are 40-60 miles away depending on location
I LOVE POUTINE!!! BEST FOOD EVER

Reactions: Soccerfanatic94
I'm from the Bronx so a lot of the slang I hear and use, scouse already mentioned. Good looks is simply short for good looking out. Thanks for looking out for me.
Some others that I can think of are:
A minute: to describe a long period of time (makes no sense to me). Sometimes used as Hot Minute. Ex. Yo, Iv'e waiting for this bus for a hot minute man...
Ummm let's see, a hood rat!
Hood rat: a girl from the hood that is usually sexually promiscuous and has had a lot of partners. There is a known "hood rat" uniform which includes but is not limited to tight jeans and a pair of Jordan's.
Ex: "yo, that girl looks fine over there!" " nah man, she's a hood rat, you don't want that..."

I'm from the Bronx so a lot of the slang I hear and use, scouse already mentioned. Good looks is simply short for good looking out. Thanks for looking out for me.
Some others that I can think of are:
A minute: to describe a long period of time (makes no sense to me). Sometimes used as Hot Minute. Ex. Yo, Iv'e waiting for this bus for a hot minute man...
Ummm let's see, a hood rat!
Hood rat: a girl from the hood that is usually sexually promiscuous and has had a lot of partners. There is a known "hood rat" uniform which includes but is not limited to tight jeans and a pair of Jordan's.
Ex: "yo, that girl looks fine over there!" " nah man, she's a hood rat, you don't want that..."

Can that be the same definition for "Ratchet girl" i have heard similar definition.

and lol i pretty much heard maybe even used alot of the slang in the original post in my lifetime.

Reactions: Spanky Roman
Can that be the same definition for "Ratchet girl" i have heard similar definition.

and lol i pretty much heard maybe even used alot of the slang in the original post in my lifetime.
Yea a ratchet girl can be a hood rat, and a hood rat is definitely ratchet.

Reactions: Fantazma

But, someone who is ratchet doesn't necessarily have to be a hood rat. A girl can be ratchet if shes just straight gutter, grimy, rude, etc...

I work in a town with a pretty heavy Asian demographic - by Asian, I mean second or third generation as well as first, so a lot of them are guys speaking with the same local English accent as me and clearly are a part of the UK culture, but associate more with other Asians and so have their own slang. I'm the kind of guy who fits into a lot of different groups quite easily, though, so I chat a lot to them and I get a lot of their slang used around me day-to-day. I'm sure I've only come across the tip of the iceberg, but some of the stuff I've learned:

"Bare" - lots of/very
"Bare peng" - very hot (girl)
"Beanie" - cute/hot (girl). One guy I know uses the phrase "my beanies" a lot to describe all the girls he's chatting to on tinder at any one time
"Butters" - ugly
"Allow it" - according to the internet is "stop it", but seems to be used more like "No kidding", or just to respond to funny chat, in my experience
"[Person is] safe" - a good person, someone you know understands you or will take your side. Alternatively, "thanks"
"Long" - boring
"Rah" - no way!/yeah/gets used at the end of conversation topics almost like a way to fill a gap in the talking
"Sick" - amazing/too good (i.e. "that stunt was sick")
"Cuz" - mate/friend, presumably comes from "cousin"
"Feds" - police, probably taken from American usage as the word "federal" is never used in conjunction with police here

Sick, Cuz and Feds are American "hip hop" slang[/QUOT
I'm pretty sure the term Feds has been around as long as the FBI- federal agents.
I grew up in westchester and "sick" was in use since the 70's as was Cuz which is Italian slang

sorry posted that wrong
I'm pretty sure the term Feds has been around as long as the FBI- federal agents.
I grew up in westchester and "sick" was in use since the 70's as was Cuz which is Italian slang

sorry posted that wrong

Oh I'm sure "feds" is an American term - as I said in my previous post, "federal" is just not a word that is ever used in the UK, even though technically the UK is a federation, so the term "federal police" or "feds" is certainly an imported term.