Some World Cup Stadiums Still Aren't Done!

NYCFCFan10

Registered
Mar 23, 2014
This is embarrassing.

This is from a tweet from the Secretary General of FIFA, Jerome Valcke, May 28th (yesterday):

Just completed a visit at Arena Das Dunas. Race against the clock. Still lots to be done for #WorldCup fans & media.
BovZyyOCEAAlChH.jpg

This is embarrassing.

This is from a tweet from the Secretary General of FIFA, Jerome Valcke, May 28th (yesterday):

BovZyyOCEAAlChH.jpg
Working in construction, though not to this scale, I can tell you it's no surprise. Contractors are given a completion date and they will make that deadline, but not a day earlier. Normally, at least here in the US, every day over your end-date you'd be charged a penalty by the owner. I can imagine the stakes are high for a project like the World Cup.

This, the Olympics - stop giving these events to Tbird World nations

Reactions: CP_Scouse
Another complaint. I refused to go to this World Cup. Didn't feel safe with the high level of crime and crumbling infrastructure. Don't have that concern so much with Russia. Don't know about Qatar yet.

Point being - they shouldn't pick a nation where someone who wants to spend a lot of money (because these events are completely overpriced) can't because they don't feel safe. It's silly.

The rule ought to be that if you have to build all of the facilities from scratch to host the event, you shouldn't be hosting. Brazil is spending all this money to build stadiums that will never be filled again when the US could easily slot every match into any one of the 30 NFL stadiums or one of the many college football stadiums.

Reactions: Kjbert
Another complaint. I refused to go to this World Cup. Didn't feel safe with the high level of crime and crumbling infrastructure. Don't have that concern so much with Russia. Don't know about Qatar yet.

Point being - they shouldn't pick a nation where someone who wants to spend a lot of money (because these events are completely overpriced) can't because they don't feel safe. It's silly.
I bet Russia is a hell of a lot more dangerous than Qatar....unless you have disparaging remarks you must make about Islam....