Someone Already Knows Who The Coach Is

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first reaction is that Wynalda is full of shit, but then I remember how wro wng wron wrg in error I was when Messing broke the news of the impending Kreis firing, so I'll have to take a step back on this one.

If Wynalda does know who our next coach is, he knows a helluva lot more than the guys in the New York Post. FWIW, I exchanged emails with Brian Lewis and he told me he hasn't heard anything as to who the new guy is. He's pretty sure it's not going to be Patrick Vieira.
Messing got Kreis leaving right, but not the little fact that the Sounders and NYC were going to trade coaches. It's a 50/50 calling on guessing a losing coach might get fired. That's dumb luck on Shep's part.

I just read over on Facebook that it looks as if David Moyes is going to get the ax over at Real Sociedad.

I propose that everyone who has a Twitter account tweet out that it looks as if Moyes is coming to New York. Be sure to start off by saying "My inside sources tell me."

Let's see if it gets legs and goes someplace..............

Yes I know bored and stupid doesn't mix well on the internet, but the Giants don't start until 4:00 and I'm already 5 beers into the afternoon. :rolleyes:

I just read over on Facebook that it looks as if David Moyes is going to get the ax over at Real Sociedad.

I propose that everyone who has a Twitter account tweet out that it looks as if Moyes is coming to New York. Be sure to start off by saying "My inside sources tell me."

Let's see if it gets legs and goes someplace..............

Yes I know bored and stupid doesn't mix well on the internet, but the Giants don't start until 4:00 and I'm already 5 beers into the afternoon. :rolleyes:
David Moyes does not play the City way. And he just looks so pitiful in front of the media. Keep drinking.

Who cares what Wynalda knows? The club will make an announcement when they have signed our new coach. It doesn't matter if we know two or three days before its officially announced, its a coach of an MLS team.

Who cares what Wynalda knows? The club will make an announcement when they have signed our new coach. It doesn't matter if we know two or three days before its officially announced, its a coach of an MLS team.
OK killjoy...... You don't understand how this whole "unsubstantiated rumor starts 1000 page internet forum thread" thingy works do ya??? ;);););)

Reactions: Ulrich and Gene
OK killjoy...... You don't understand how this whole "unsubstantiated rumor starts 1000 page internet forum thread" thingy works do ya??? ;);););)

You're right, my bad.

From my sources inside and outside NYCFC, our coach has had previous experience coaching soccer in the world. So that narrows it down slightly from coaches who have only coached in the Mars Football League of the Galaxy.

David Moyes would make an excellent MLS manager because of his playing style. I don't think I would want him here because of the style, but he would win here.

And NYCFC is the best job. It pays the best and offers the most resources.

David Moyes would make an excellent MLS manager because of his playing style. I don't think I would want him here because of the style, but he would win here.

With Everton, Moyes was great at finishing upper middle of the EPL table, but never doing anything more. The problem he'd face if he came to MLS is that 60% of teams make the playoffs, and as Kreis' 2009 team demonstrates, even a crappy team can luck it's way to a championship with a bunch of shoot-out victories.... so Moyes would be his usual semi-overachieving-but-not-champion self by finishing around 8th in the standings which would then (in his eyes) unfortunately earn him a playoff spot making either his head subsequently explode because he's fold under the pressure of possibly winning, or he'd turn to the Scotch bottle and sing ballads remembering the Battle of Falkirk.

Yellow card, young lady. Another infidelity joke, and you'll watch the rest of this thread from the sideline. ;)

Lol... I protest. Don't red card me. I just wanted to spice up this thread. Not much attention was paid to it until then. Give Red cards to Harkes and Wynalda for creating that awful undisciplined mess on France 98. :(

Moyes seemed to thrive on working a team under player roster restrictions. Sure Evertons budget is slightly more than NYCFC but it's certainly closer than say Real Madrid, Juventus (Capello) or ManCity. He might work out in MLS. But I don't see him coming to NYCFC.

Love TMac as a person

Don't think he is that good at football.

If that is the way you love someone by calling them "fat "? Its not the nicest way to refer to someone you profess to love. I do like TMac as a person and footballer too. One of his goals was nominated to MLS GOAL OF THE YEAR contest. He is underrated and his true potential has not shined under the Kreiss regime. In my coaching book he is more dependable than some one I will not mention 'cause I have concluded that its pointless when the season is over for NYCFC. and no matter how much I deride him he has his loyal fans

MLS GOAL OF THE YEAR
Vote for Villa & McNamara
21436_58_bk.jpg

spacer.gif

Vote David Villa and Tommy McNamara for MLS Goal of the Year. First round voting ends this Friday, November

Our next coach is Eric Wynalda?

Status
Not open for further replies.