Source to Order Jersey Name/Number Sets?

JayH

Registered
Elite Donor
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Oct 2, 2014
Not sure where to place this one but does anyone know where I can order a name/number set to be pressed on a jersey I own? It's the Ajax Bob Marley 3 Little Birds jersey, so the names/numbers are very specialized. My local soccer shop can press it but couldn't order the set for me. They claim that there are various places online who sell the sets (though didn't have any specific sites, etc.)

u90 sells name and number sets. They even have unique ones like the MLS Parley kits. If you call them, they might be able to order it.

Reactions: moogoo and JayH
My local soccer store does its own cuttings for half the price. I had them put my kid's name/number on his MLS jersey. Whether they will do a special set, I don't know. You should call and discuss.

Soccer and Rugby Store

www.soccerandrugby.com
Soccer and Rugby is a great shop. The owner also knows one or two other sources that may be able to get you authentic numbers as well, but not sure about Ajax. I asked about namesets during the Euros (for German NT) and he said I just had to let him know which player/which kit and he could do an order. Only issue I can see is maybe his source doesn't have as much access (print-ablility?) for clubs vs. NTs.

Soccer and Rugby is a great shop. The owner also knows one or two other sources that may be able to get you authentic numbers as well, but not sure about Ajax. I asked about namesets during the Euros (for German NT) and he said I just had to let him know which player/which kit and he could do an order. Only issue I can see is maybe his source doesn't have as much access (print-ablility?) for clubs vs. NTs.
Thanks. Soccer and Rugby is my local shop as well (the Greenwich one is closer to me). Great shop for sure and great folks. They aren't able to get the specialized set for this one (the names/numbers are yellow, outlined in red and green), as they are probably very limited/hard to get. I will check with the other location and will also check with U90 (the latter said no, but will check with the Queens spot). I initially bought the kit sans name/number as they were selling out/crashing the site, but thought it may be cool to update it if feasible with a D. Blind 17.

Reactions: Schwallacus
As mentioned for Soccer & Rugby, they can both order the set, or replicate it by cutting out the letters & numbers themselves. We did this for my 5-YO son's jersey (he was paying with his allowance) and it turned out great.

Reactions: JayH
I would call or email Ajax themselves. The outline colors on the nameset will make it very hard for a local shop to make If you’re concerned about it looking exactly the same.

if you’re not concerned about longevity (and it will surely be grown out of in short order), you can email one of the many bootleg sellers on eBay or DHgate and see if they’ll send you just a nameset.