If You Want Custom Screen Printing On A Blank Jersey, Go To Upper 90. Heres The Pricing.

jaycrewz

Registered
Mar 2, 2015
So I saw a post in the Authentic Jersey thread from a member who got Pirlo's name and number heated down onto his blank jersey. Upper90 did this for him, and they are kinda the go to store for soccer stuff in NYC.

I called to ask them about pricing and here is what they told me:

1. Cost $30 for official name and number sets for Villa, Mix, Pirlo, and Lampard. I cannot remember if he said Iraola as well. But these number sets are official and have the MLS logo in them and the correct borders on the numbers.

2. Cost $15 for unofficial custom name and numbers provided by Upper90. These lack the dotted border and MLS logo

3. Cost $5 if you bring your own name and number for them to heat onto any jersey you bring. Really great price btw.

The helpful guy on the phone directed me to uni-sport.com. They sell official name and number fonts for a number of different leagues and brands. The MLS official names and numbers cost $30. So you can buy your custom name and number from their, in the official MLS font and styling, and then bring it to Upper90s to heat on for $5.

The rep also said that if there are problems with peeling that Upper90 would take care of it. But he said they do a really good job. So hopefully thats never an issue.

This should be a very helpful post for those who have blank jerseys and want numbers laid down. This is especially helpful to those of us who have gone the Chinese replica route ;).

For those who have seen my earlier thread(as well as many threads online), quality can sometimes be a crap shoot when ordering overseas replicas depending on your seller. Especially when dealing with laying down logos and numbers, it may be better to simply by it separately and bring it to Upper90.

So my thinking goes like this: Take the advice of other members and simply buy blank replicas when dealing with aliexpress, gogoalshop, etc...and then Ill spend $30 for custom name and number sets, and then pay the $5 to Upper90 to put it on.

Total cost for a nice custom kit with official and custom numbering? $50 to $60 depending on how much your cheap replica cost, and whatever sales tax you pay for each item/service.

Id say thats a steal. This all said, Im satisfied with the $17 aliexpess replica I have for now. It has a few issues, but its fine for gameday....and people at the stadium who talked to me about my custom jersey couldnt believe it cost less than $18.

I hope this is helpful to all NYCFC fans...no matter whether you have the loot for authentic kits or not.

PS - Can someone tell me how cheap official custom replicas and authentics ever are from Adidas? Do they ever drop below $100?

Last edited:
PS - Can someone tell me how cheap official custom replicas and authentics ever are from Adidas? Do they ever drop below $100?

Towards the end of the cycle, you will probably be able to snag replica's for as little as $40-50 and authentic's for not much more. Typically in MLS each shirt has a two year cycle, with the home being replaced one year and secondary being replaced the next. With our kits being new for this season, i'm not sure what they plan on doing for a cycle.

the only issue I have with Upper90 is you can't just pop in and have the name/numbers done. There seems to be only 1 guy that does it and if he's out you have to drop off and then pick up later. Not the most convenient if the store is out of your normal travels

Reactions: jaycrewz
the only issue I have with Upper90 is you can't just pop in and have the name/numbers done. There seems to be only 1 guy that does it and if he's out you have to drop off and then pick up later. Not the most convenient if the store is out of your normal travels
Thanks for the tip. I did not know this. I live in the Hudson Valley area...so while NYC isnt far, its no quick trip. Ill make sure to phone ahead of time to make sure he's in, when I know Ill be in the city for something else. That way I dont have to wait a week to make it back down there to pick up my jersey.

Reactions: Goodfella
Thanks for the tip. I did not know this. I live in the Hudson Valley area...so while NYC isnt far, its no quick trip. Ill make sure to phone ahead of time to make sure he's in, when I know Ill be in the city for something else. That way I dont have to wait a week to make it back down there to pick up my jersey.

Glad I could help. I live uptown and have gone down there twice only to be told "the guy" isn't in till later. I have actually ordered my custome name/number set from uni-sport and will apply myself, so thank you for that!

Reactions: jaycrewz
Glad I could help. I live uptown and have gone down there twice only to be told "the guy" isn't in till later. I have actually ordered my custome name/number set from uni-sport and will apply myself, so thank you for that!

Do they not do numbering at the one on Amsterdam between 93rd and 94th?

Reactions: Goodfella
they do, but you have to drop off and come back later or next day, just didn't work with my schedule

Do they not do numbering at the one on Amsterdam between 93rd and 94th?

That is the one I went to. I called ahead to see how long the wait would be/how many jerseys he had left for the day. Turned out he had none - so I all but ran there. I suggest calling ahead. Also, NYCFC Spiderman works there - he was really nice.

and by uptown, I mean UPPPPPPPPPPPPtown...218th Street :)
Yeah, I lived on Arden Street for a year or two in the '80s. That was so far uptown that going to 93rd would've felt like going alllllllllllllllllllllll the way downtown. And you'd alway time it so that you were headed uptown going home before the A changed to going local so it didn't take you forever to get home.

how did Poku become such a fan favorite?
Because the first time we saw him on the pitch he just stood there for a moment, but then he started running and it was like a friggin' freight train and nothing could stop him. And he hasn't stopped since. It was instant Poku fandom.

Reactions: leilanikali420
LOLOLOL thats hilarious.

Is that a jersey though? Or just a shirt?

Btw, how did Poku become such a fan favorite? I mean hes a good young talent...but Im surprised the fans have taken such a liking to him at the stadium over other youngsters.

It's a jersey, kids large.

Poku is a beast, has great vision, and unlimited potential. Also love that this is his first pro team. If I could make his bicycle goal against the Cosmos an alarm clock I would - best way to start the day.