Spain's Loss And David Villa

JuveVince

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Jun 2, 2014
In some ways I'm happy that Spain got knocked out so early so that Vicente gets the boot. For the life of me I can't understand how David Villa was benched for two games in favor of Costa who was horrible and didn't fit the team's play at all. He'd better at least start the final game.

Reactions: Paul and Vito
In some ways I'm happy that Spain got knocked out so early so that Vicente gets the boot. For the life of me I can't understand how David Villa was benched for two games in favor of Costa who was horrible and didn't fit the team's play at all. He'd better at least start the final game.
/dons tinfoil hat

CFG pays someone in Spain MNT ridiculous amount of money to ensure star signing is safe and healthy.

Maybe it's the homer in me but I feel like Villa would have had more of an impact on games than Costa or Torres. He deserves to start the last game

Maybe Spain will wise up and change something for their useless 3rd game against Aussies.

But as for Villa, I think he had already checked out of the Spain NT so I don't see this effecting him too much.

I think its a bit bit harsh criticizing Spain for relying on Diego Costa. He was arguably the best center forward in Europe this season, like they say: hindsight is 20/20

I think its a bit bit harsh criticizing Spain for relying on Diego Costa. He was arguably the best center forward in Europe this season, like they say: hindsight is 20/20

Yeah. Costa got the gametime because of his phenomenal goal count in domestic football. He scored 27 goals in 35 games just in the league - when your goals-to-games ratio is nearing one a game it guarantees you attention. Villa in the meantime could only score 13 goals despite playing one more game. He's also younger, and therefore more capable of handling the blistering heat for the full 90 minutes.

Still, with nothing to play for we may well see Villa get one last run-out for the fans against Australia.

I have to say that, as an avid La Roja supporter since 2006, I am totally devastated by their implosion over the last 7 days. Of course every great generation of footballers has to come to an end sometime, but I didn't see it happening quite like this. In retrospect, I guess last year's Confederation Cup final against Brazil was the "writing on the wall".

IMO, for what is now essentially a friendly for Spain/Australia, David Villa deserves to get one more cap for Spain. He is the all-time leading goal scorer after all.

IMO, for what is now essentially a friendly for Spain/Australia, David Villa deserves to get one more cap for Spain. He is the all-time leading goal scorer after all.
Plus it would be interesting to see Villa play against the country he is moving to for the next 6 months.

Reactions: Paul
Is like to see Villa Play for sure.
He had a strong game before the WC but then again so did the entire Spain roster and that didn't translate well into the WC.
I'm sure Spain will try their hardest to win this game and save some face.

Is like to see Villa Play for sure.
He had a strong game before the WC but then again so did the entire Spain roster and that didn't translate well into the WC.
I'm sure Spain will try their hardest to win this game and save some face.
Yeah I think Xavi will be starting as well. It makes sense because it could very well be their last game for country

Hello fans NYCFC.
I, Spanish and Guaje Villa supporter, I am very disappointed with Del Bosque after not giving a single minute.
Costa has done better season than his companion. .
But I do not think that it has not relied on the top scorer of the red a single minute.
Del Bosque thought that with the same players and 4 years ago when we were champions, would be, forgetting that players are getting old and some not to give more. .
Spain has some young players at Euro 2016 will see and you will love.
But only if Del Bosque puts future promises.

Greetings friends, Villa still has much to show