Sportswashing and CFG

I think everything on here about NYCFC we've already know ($1M/game rent, etc.). Some math I'm doing is how much more money would we get vs. MLS vs. Man City if Leeds buy Jack Harrison at the end of the year vs. $15M deal from Stoke City in Jan 2018.

I think everything on here about NYCFC we've already know ($1M/game rent, etc.). Some math I'm doing is how much more money would we get vs. MLS vs. Man City if Leeds buy Jack Harrison at the end of the year vs. $15M deal from Stoke City in Jan 2018.

Well we maxed out the GAM, so we wouldn't have received any additional "cap savings" dollars from it, but the club definitely could have gotten more dollars to spend elsewhere, including on DP salaries.

Reactions: Kjbert

For me, the most interesting line in that article was this, on how CFG sees us. It seems clear, after reading this article, that a lot of the things people here have said about CFG's ownership are wrong. They do seem to be interested in this franchise for the long-term. And a lot of interesting answers here about why and how their scouting system helps us.

The group is bullish on NYCFC’s prospects. A decade of losses while they rent Yankee Stadium, the $100 million franchise fee and $500 million to build their own ground might mean CFG is $800 million in the red in New York before it starts to make any money. But once that new home is built, using money borrowed while interest rates are at record lows, CFG will have the only soccer-specific stadium and MLS franchise in the five boroughs of America’s biggest, richest city.

“We accept it’s not a great investment over five years. But if you’re looking at 15 years?” a CFG source says. “That’s really smart and the funny thing about football is it will be there in 50 years.”

Can't wait to see Beitar as a regular in the Champions League. Also, anti-arab fans is a headline grabber. I'd say it's full of nationalistic, anti-terrorist fans. The terrorists, just happen to be their Arab neighbors. But as I said in a different thread, the times they are a changin. And this is another example of it. Let's hope for a long stretch of peace between Israel and its neighbors and any anti-anything sentiment becomes a long distant memory.

Are you willing to accept that many Palestinians view Israelis as terrorists ?

Well we maxed out the GAM, so we wouldn't have received any additional "cap savings" dollars from it, but the club definitely could have gotten more dollars to spend elsewhere, including on DP salaries.

All that mattered was maxing out the GAM. $15 million or $10 million had no impact on the NYCFC budget

For me, the most interesting line in that article was this, on how CFG sees us. It seems clear, after reading this article, that a lot of the things people here have said about CFG's ownership are wrong. They do seem to be interested in this franchise for the long-term. And a lot of interesting answers here about why and how their scouting system helps us.
Here's the bad news. It's really good that they are thinking long term, but if their priority is financial it likely means that NYCFC won't be spending money on DPs until a stadium opens. It's also the same reason that they haven't bought out Medina and despite CFG being on the edge of making $11+ million on Jack Harrison if Leeds purchases him that none of that will be reinvested into our roster.

I wouldn't have high hopes about our two open DP spots this winter being top tier.

Are you willing to accept that many Palestinians view Israelis as terrorists ?

I accept they view them that way. But Facts are facts. Israelis don't send their children out into public places, strapped with explosives, to murder other innocent civilians. Thankfully, with the greater Arab world starting to see peace with Israel as an important issue for the Middle East and I'm optimistic we'll also start to also see less tolerance in the Arab world for those types of despicable acts. I'll leave it with this quote from Golda Meir: “Peace will come when the Arabs will love their children more than they hate us.” I think we're finally getting there.

I did the math on twitter, but there are too many unknowns to know for sure.

1) Does NYCFC have a sell-on clause? (This would mean that MLS would get a portion of the sell-on).
2) How much is it?
3) Will MLS calculate its transfer tax at the old rate of 25% or the new rate of 5% for the sell-on?
4 )What is Jack's loan purchase price? (Rumored at 10 million pounds this past winter)

Reactions: SoupInNYC
I accept they view them that way. But Facts are facts. Israelis don't send their children out into public places, strapped with explosives, to murder other innocent civilians. Thankfully, with the greater Arab world starting to see peace with Israel as an important issue for the Middle East and I'm optimistic we'll also start to also see less tolerance in the Arab world for those types of despicable acts. I'll leave it with this quote from Golda Meir: “Peace will come when the Arabs will love their children more than they hate us.” I think we're finally getting there.
Nah, they just do their murdering in uniform.

Nah, they just do their murdering in uniform.

and so does the US, UK, French, and any other modern army. We can argue statistics if you care for facts about how Israel has the most stringent protocols on the planet to reduce any civilian casualties.

however, I’m really glad you’re so passionate about the plight of a repressed people half a world away. You sound like you have a heart that truly aches for other’s pain. May I then ask you how many posts like this you’ve made regarding the Darfuri people, or the Rohinga people, the Yadizi people, the Syrian people, the Uighur people??? If the answer is slim to none, but you feel a burning desire to constantly attack the only Jewish state in the world, I hate to break it to you buddy, but you’re anti-Semitic.

Here's the bad news. It's really good that they are thinking long term, but if their priority is financial it likely means that NYCFC won't be spending money on DPs until a stadium opens. It's also the same reason that they haven't bought out Medina and despite CFG being on the edge of making $11+ million on Jack Harrison if Leeds purchases him that none of that will be reinvested into our roster.

I wouldn't have high hopes about our two open DP spots this winter being top tier.

Leeds is offering 20 mil?

I don’t think the greater Arab world has changed anything. Their leaders cut economic deals at the behest of the Trump Admin. It’s a good first step, but that’s about it.

What would you call it if another political entity bulldozed the house you’ve been living in for 60 years? Isn’t that violence to serve a political motive (definition of terrorism)?

Reactions: VernonJohn
Leeds is offering 20 mil?
The initial transfer was for $6 million. MLS took 25% ($1.5 million).

The rumor for Harrison is that his purchase price is £10,000,00 ($13.3 million) so that puts the profit at $11.8 million without a sell-on fee.

If NYCFC took the Southampton money ($15 million), they would have made $11.25 million after MLS took their share.

If NYCFC took the Southampton money ($15 million), they would have made $11.25 million after MLS took their share.

If CFG allowed NYCFC to take the Southampton money...

Instead of Man City seeing $0, Man City see a positive gain because Harrison going through them and we get less...

If CFG allowed NYCFC to take the Southampton money...

Instead of Man City seeing $0, Man City see a positive gain because Harrison going through them and we get less...
CFG takes 100% of all money outside of the 750k in allocation in both scenarios. Don't matter if NYCFC or Man City gets it, it's all CFG's money.

The initial transfer was for $6 million. MLS took 25% ($1.5 million).

The rumor for Harrison is that his purchase price is £10,000,00 ($13.3 million) so that puts the profit at $11.8 million without a sell-on fee.

But it’s all the same bank account.

But it’s all the same bank account.
Yup and the big loser here was MLS. They lost a couple million not forcing the Southampton bid and if CFG is going to bank NYCFC player transfers it kinda spits in the face of let's become a selling league to grow the league.