Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Maybe the strategy was always to announce just before the World Cup, open just before our World Cup.

Reactions: Kjbert
so then if they announce they going to submit their bid for WP. how long till we know its been fully Apprved/ denied? like a year?

i don't think they will announce they are submitting a bid for WP.. if they announce, i would think it's pretty much a done deal that it's moving forward with all the approvals to get construction going.

i don't think they will announce they are submitting a bid for WP.. if they announce, i would think it's pretty much a done deal that it's moving forward with all the approvals to get construction going.

i assume at some point some pushback will occur to try and delay or deny the project. unless it doesnt have to go thru specific approval boards etc.

i assume at some point some pushback will occur to try and delay or deny the project. unless it doesnt have to go thru specific approval boards etc.

well that's the thing. we know that will happen and so does the club. after all these years, i don't think the club would bother with an announcement without ensuring all those ducks were in a row and any opposition has been satisfied.

if they announced without greasing the wheels, that'd be pretty stupid knowing the blowback from supporters. i don't think they would do that... but we shall see

The announcement will probably be that they are kicking off the environmental review and ULURP process. It will likely be a supplemental study (to the approved Willets Point Redevelopment) rather than starting from scratch. Ducks will already be lined up for the most part, but there will be public comment periods for any opposition to express themselves (or initiate litigation, haha). But given the nature and history of this particular site, opposition hopefully won't be as desperate, vehement, or tenacious as NIMBYists usually are.

The announcement will probably be that they are kicking off the environmental review and ULURP process. It will likely be a supplemental study (to the approved Willets Point Redevelopment) rather than starting from scratch. Ducks will already be lined up for the most part, but there will be public comment periods for any opposition to express themselves (or initiate litigation, haha). But given the nature and history of this particular site, opposition hopefully won't be as desperate, vehement, or tenacious as NIMBYists usually are.

How does the environmental review work?

I am not a public land use aficionado, but I was told that the firm doing the reviews for the stadium was told a while back to hold back on HRY and focus solely on WP, but I was assuming that was for a report that would then be made available publicly for discussion, but wasn't sure. Anyone know?

Apologies if someone has already posted this, but HRB has a 22-second clip of the Donovan Richards comment embedded in this story and a link to the full webinar at the bottom.