Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Seems like the only real takeaway from last night is that they are closer to a parking agreement with the Mets.

Hudson River Blue reported that the next hearing scheduled for this upcoming Tuesday will be canceled and the Land Use Committee will now meet during the scheduled "third meeting slot" to provide a recommendation. That is where there could begin to be some vocal opposition to this as last night appeared to merely be a presentation on the project. I didn't see any reports on Q&A at all.

Fully electric stadium?

electric slide 80s GIF

Cannot be overstated how critical it has been that the stadium is nestled within a large affordable housing development. Last night was a love-in compared to most CB meetings I've seen.
How much do you also think is that the neighborhood that it's going into doesn't exist yet?

Basically, if people were already living in that neighborhood, they may have stronger views on the stadium coming in. But since nobody currently lives there, those stronger views may not be there.

How much do you also think is that the neighborhood that it's going into doesn't exist yet?

Basically, if people were already living in that neighborhood, they may have stronger views on the stadium coming in. But since nobody currently lives there, those stronger views may not be there.
Yep, for sure. Beyond that, the thing that did come up, as I'm sure you heard, was the community desire for a new police precinct house, as they feel (perhaps rightly so) that the existing precinct is already stretched thin.

Yep, for sure. Beyond that, the thing that did come up, as I'm sure you heard, was the community desire for a new police precinct house, as they feel (perhaps rightly so) that the existing precinct is already stretched thin.
Yeah, according to the Housing and Land Use Chair, a new precinct has been on the top of their agenda before this new development. So adding a whole new neighborhood could perhaps be what tips the scales in terms of finally bringing a new one.

Reactions: Kenny
Yeah, according to the Housing and Land Use Chair, a new precinct has been on the top of their agenda before this new development. So adding a whole new neighborhood could perhaps be what tips the scales in terms of finally bringing a new one.
Yup, and the fire chief wasn't there but I bet he's got some strong opinions as well

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Given the long history of electric power - going all the way back to Edison in the late 19th Century - I find it surprising that this will be the first soccer stadium to be wired to the grid. I suppose that's an accomplishment, but forgive me if I am not that excited about it.

Reactions: FootyLovin
Second and final committee meeting to take place tonight, November 29. CB7.

please excuse my ignorance. but when they say they want a precinct, are they saying that CFG pay for that? or just to add it in the the full plan and city pays for its construction.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
please excuse my ignorance. but when they say they want a precinct, are they saying that CFG pay for that? or just to add it in the the full plan and city pays for its construction.
Right, have the city pay for it. They aren't explicitly asking for CFG to pay for a new police precinct.

Even with our stadium, the schedule is going to be trash. No home games between the Monday before Labor Day through the Sunday after Labor Day (maybe even a week earlier too for qualifiers / fan week).
I'm going to look for clarification on the 7 hour item and if that is still in place or no this as this was spoken and may have been left out due to just being general

I would love to know what 38 sites were examined over the years.
1. Pier 40
2. GAL Warehouse
3. Fresh Direct Warehouse in the Bronx
4. That Dual-Boro Stadium concept location
5. Etihad Island
6. Central Park?
7. UBS Arena location that we “bid” on

Anyone have any others?

Reactions: JayH
Even with our stadium, the schedule is going to be trash. No home games between the Monday before Labor Day through the Sunday after Labor Day (maybe even a week earlier too for qualifiers / fan week).

There is usually an international window the week near Labor Day anyway (this season, we played Sept. 2 and Sept. 16. So the USTA won't really impact us that much. Next season, there is an international window Sept. 2 - 10, and the US Open is Aug. 26-Sept. 8. So if we were being held to this schedule, we could have a home game on Saturday, August 21, a road game on Aug. 28, then back home after the international window. It will really have little discernible impact.

As for scheduling around baseball games; our big issue was with the 3 days we needed on each side of a game to turn the field around. Only having to work around a gameday will be much easier. In 2024, the Mets will have 14 weekends on the road from April-September. That doesn't include all four weeks in March and all four weekends in October. The schedule will be nowhere near as complicated for us as its been.