Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
i was looking in areas on where the team can build a stadium. if you go on google maps and look for Flushing Airport, theres a huuuge piece of land completely un used. theres like 5-7 busses that go there. the area around there has a "Liverpool" vibe to it, its kinda close (like a mile) to the water and theres a parking lot already across the street. take a look and give me your thoughts

Reactions: Kinkladze
Hey CP_Scouse CP_Scouse
For the interest of keeping similar topics to one thread I combined your post with this one.
Will take a look when I get home. Great catch.

i was looking in areas on where the team can build a stadium. if you go on google maps and look for Flushing Airport, theres a huuuge piece of land completely un used. theres like 5-7 busses that go there. the area around there has a "Liverpool" vibe to it, its kinda close (like a mile) to the water and theres a parking lot already across the street. take a look and give me your thoughts
I'm from that area, College Point. While it is a massive area, it would be an terrible idea to try and develop it. It is a natural wetland, because of that any structure within the entire area is constantly sinking. They repave the streets every couple years and within a couple months they begin sinking again.

You'll also have to deal with a lot of NIMBY's. The area was being considered for a smaller airport/heliport some years ago...it was shot down (which is odd, considering it was originally an airport). Then it was supposed to be part of commercial project, which was also shot down by locals.

Now the area is being developed for the new NYPD Academy.

With all that said, I would absolutely love that area to be considered.

I'm from that area, College Point. While it is a massive area, it would be an terrible idea to try and develop it. It is a natural wetland, because of that any structure within the entire area is constantly sinking. They repave the streets every couple years and within a couple months they begin sinking again.

You'll also have to deal with a lot of NIMBY's. The area was being considered for a smaller airport/heliport some years ago...it was shot down (which is odd, considering it was originally an airport). Then it was supposed to be part of commercial project, which was also shot down by locals.

Now the area is being developed for the new NYPD Academy.

With all that said, I would absolutely love that area to be considered.
oh shit your from cp too?

So that's what the CP in your handle stands for!

I am. Not sure how long you may've been from the area but I grew up on the Blvd. in one of the houses across from the old Bowling Alley.

So that's what the CP in your handle stands for!

I am. Not sure how long you may've been from the area but I grew up on the Blvd. in one of the houses across from the old Bowling Alley.
since when is there a bowling alley on the blvd?? im by macneil

since when is there a bowling alley on the blvd?? im by macneil
There was. Many ages ago. There's a big laundry mat on 22nd and the Blvd. The laundry mat that's on the same block as 7-11. That entire building used to be a Bowling Alley but in the 80's, was shutdown. Anyway, my childhood home was knocked down a few years ago and is now the site of a multi-unit building.

There was. Many ages ago. There's a big laundry mat on 22nd and the Blvd. The laundry mat that's on the same block as 7-11. That entire building used to be a Bowling Alley but in the 80's, was shutdown. Anyway, my childhood home was knocked down a few years ago and is now the site of a multi-unit building.
maybe in due time the alley will be reseurected again

Heard yonkers raceway, (empire city), might be a site for a temporary stadium until the site near yankee stadium is sorted. While I realize it's not within the 5 boros, it's literally about a mile from the border, right where the 4 train stops and also near metro north, and also right off the highway. I definitely hope for an agreement near yankee stadium, but this might not be too bad until that happens

Reactions: Buckley
I really don't like the idea of using Yankee Stadium. The atmosphere is going to stink. And while I realize that it's only temporary I feel like we're still at least 2-3 years from a permanent home. All in all though, I just don't see the Yankees allowing to have their field destroyed every other week. I guess we'll soon find out.

I still feel the best site would be Flushing Meadow Park its Close to the 7 train E,F,R and LIRR train buses from the BX Queens and Brooklyn. Highways and did I mention it would be in Queens. lol