Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
RBA is not the only bogie. Moving the rails gets you, conservatively 640' x 500' square (and with asymmetrical design, more area than that). That's 320K sq ft.

Compare with Premier League stadiums with a similar capacity that we're looking to build:

Hawthorns, 26K capacity, 278 sq ft
Britannia (Stoke), 28K capacity, 285K sq ft
St. Mary's (Southampton), 33K capacity, 305K sq ft
Goodison, 40K capacity, 252K sq ft

Reactions: Kjbert
RBA is not the only bogie. Moving the rails gets you, conservatively 640' x 500' square (and with asymmetrical design, more area than that). That's 320K sq ft.

Compare with Premier League stadiums with a similar capacity that we're looking to build:

Even the largest one there is ~7 acres and we are looking for 10-12 acres of land.

Even the largest one there is ~7 acres and we are looking for 10-12 acres of land.
Forgive me if I've forgotten from a year or two ago, but my understanding was the 10-12 acres figure was what we thought would be necessary for a stadium with sufficient capacity.

Perhaps that estimate was too large? If we could fit a stadium with Goodison's capacity on FreshDirect, that's plenty of footprint. Arguably too big, honestly.

Parking is another item, but likely easier to deal with than space for the stadium itself.

RBA is 9 acres, approx, and that's just the stadium. Needs parking too.
http://nycfcforums.com/index.php?threads/stadium-discussion.21/page-363#post-175089

Reactions: Statler and Kjbert
FreshDirectStadiumArea.jpg Hawthorns.jpg Britannia.jpg GOodison.jpg

Can't swear Google Maps is the ultimate in precision, but the sq ft totals should be close enough for horseshoes and hand grenades. The architects can nail down the details...

I believe the 10-12 acres was for more than the stadium, but not including parking. The extra acreage was for a plaza, similar to what the yankees have outside Gate 6 and 4

I believe the 10-12 acres was for more than the stadium, but not including parking. The extra acreage was for a plaza, similar to what the yankees have outside Gate 6 and 4
Nice to have, but would anyone give up a stadium because the plaza wasn't big enough? I wouldn't.

So you're planning to have 25k people spill out onto a 15' deep sidewalk?
I would imagine that as with 161st and River Ave , Borden would be closed to pedestrian traffic. And that is a an absolutely dead area, comparatively, for vehicular traffic.

View attachment 7272 View attachment 7273 View attachment 7274 View attachment 7275

Can't swear Google Maps is the ultimate in precision, but the sq ft totals should be close enough for horseshoes and hand grenades. The architects can nail down the details...
StatlerStadium.png