• Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Honestly, I’d love to see Cuomo stick it to BdB with this:

Cuomo: He Bill, that pet project you like to do with affordable housing, well I just delivered a bunch of units to the Bronx, threw in a medical center, a free (I’m guessing) prep school, office space/amenities, and reinvigorated the water front. All it “cost” was a soccer stadium that you killed when you took office. How ‘bout them apples?!?!

BdB: <crickets>

"de Blasio killed your stadium plan in 2014. I'm supporting your stadium plan in 2018" - Cuomo

Heck, I'd probably vote for him for President if he supports the stadium.

Aw shit..... now it’s Lit!!!! Not saying main stream media can’t can fck things up, but if they ran the story, they’ve probably done some no checking. I wanna know if we’re ever gonna hear about the other proposals??? If that never comes out, I (right or wrongly) lean towards this is a designed rollout of information.

Edit: what I can’t figure out from the article is if Somerset Partners are part of our proposal or the competing proposal? And if competing, WTF are they offering up in their design to compete with our plethora of community enhancements?

Also edited with bold and strikethrough after reqlizing it was a copy/paste job with questionable other info.

Last edited:
Awesome reporting by NBC Sports

"The stunning images released show a waterfront stadium in Harlem"

The guy is based on London for NBC Sports, so he's not knowledgeable about the city per se.

"Their search for a stadium site has been arduous with potential sites in Flushing, Belmont and elsewhere in Manhattan not working out."

Elsewhere in Manhattan? The only Manhattan site was by Inwood at the Columbia athletic center.

I have a feeling parking

Calling this one now: The club gets into a partnership with Rugby United New York (new club who will begin play in Major League Rugby next year. They are currently playing at Gaelic Park up near van cortlandt park in the Bronx. They will then share the ground with us.

Because NYCFC should definitely make plans that involve a NY professional rugby team not only existing in 2022, but being able to cost-effectively occupy a 26,000 person stadium.

Aw shit..... now it’s Lit!!!! Not saying main stream media can’t fck things up, but if they ran the story, they’ve probably done some checking. I wanna know if we’re ever gonna hear about the other proposals??? If that never comes out, I (right or wrongly) lean towards this is a designed rollout of information.

Edit: what I can’t figure out from the article is if Somerset Partners are part of our proposal or the competing proposal? And if competing, WTF are they offering up in their design to compete with our plethora of community enhancements?
They are already developing the plot of land to the left of this one on the waterfront. They are also part of (not competing with) this project with Related and are looking to integrate the two into a more cohesive development.

They are already developing the plot of land to the left of this one on the waterfront. They are also part of (not competing with) this project with Related and are looking to integrate the two into a more cohesive development.
Got it. So..... Synergy!