• Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
"home of the 2021, 2027 MLS Champions"

i have to say, 25K seems a bit small. i hope they design it to be expandable to 40K.

i guess next is a poll to decide what it will be called and what the fans will actually call it?

my votes:

official name: Etihad Park

Nickname: The coop (i.e., pigeon coop)
Hard to expand with 4 sides of stands and a roof, don‘t ya think? I’m down with the coop. Or the Mecca of Soccer (Play on MSG, ownership & that we call it Soccer here).

Reactions: snugglefarts
Hard to expand with 4 sides of stands and a roof, don‘t ya think? I’m down with the coop. Or the Mecca of Soccer (Play on MSG, ownership & that we call it Soccer here).

depends how they design it. i would think they could squeeze in another 10k seats in the corners or increase the height of the supporter's section to accommodate more standing room. make it the giant blue wall of NYC to rival dortmund's yellow wall. 40k might be pushing it.. maybe 35k.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
SoupInNYC SoupInNYC thank you for all of the stellar work along the way. You allowed us to dream, you gave us hope, you made us proud that you were one of us. You can’t spell stadium scoop without soup.
Thanks man, appreciate it.

There’s still lots of public review to go so I’m not backing off yet. More meeting attendance and FOIL requests still in my future til this thing is built

"home of the 2021, 2027 MLS Champions"

i have to say, 25K seems a bit small. i hope they design it to be expandable to 40K.

i guess next is a poll to decide what it will be called and what the fans will actually call it?

my votes:

official name: Etihad Park

Nickname: The coop (i.e., pigeon coop)
Official Name: JetBlue Stadium. 20 years, $150-200 million naming rights deal. (I'm not one for predictions but I'll stick my neck out on this one.)

Nickname: The Coop sounds good to me. (But knowing New York it will end up being something more sarcastic. LOL)

thanks, im still kinda nervous cause we've had some bad luck in the past, but this is like as real as it gets, she kicking the shit out of my wife, she's real and shes spectacular.

I've kept it under wraps for a while cause im scared of jinxing anything but its circulated around 5 close people i think its time i tell a bunch of rando's on the internet.
Hey dude! Maybe I’ll be bringing my own 4 year old girl along as well! (Have a lot of convincing my wife for that kind of trip).

Congrats!

I went to the movies, just came out, and got like 10 alerts about this. It’s great news across the board (even the commute is slightly worse for me). Now the question: are we still playing in Yankee Stadium until 2027? Or are we going to do a quick divorce and play primarily at Citi?

was I reading wrong ? The post article seemed to me to say we still needed council approval ? Are we 💯 confident we’ll pass all that ? Sounds like we’ve got the mayors approval but there are still hoops to jump through before celebrating ?

Reactions: KevinJRogers
was I reading wrong ? The post article seemed to me to say we still needed council approval ? Are we 💯 confident we’ll pass all that ? Sounds like we’ve got the mayors approval but there are still hoops to jump through before celebrating ?
No, that’s right.

But those things should fall in line. They have the support for the local city council rep and mayor. That should be more than enough to carry it through.