Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters

Huh, forgot that. It doesn't change my analysis, which is mostly based on the assumption that the Yanks will hold or sell based on business/financial considerations, and not on some petulant disappointment that NYCFC decided to build near the Mets. And on that point, if the yanks really wanted NYCFC to settle near them, they would have found a way to make it happen. It came pretty close, they scuttled it for other reasons, and I think it's pretty clear they don't care, but they do care about the bottom line and this club is a very appreciating asset. It does not make sense to sell now.
One wildcard is that we don't really know what the terms of the Yankees investment was. Did they give us a sweetheart lease and backend support in exchange for equity? Did they plunk down cash? Was there any stadium in Bronx language in the deal?
We heard, I believe only unofficially, that the Yankees were20% partners at the launch, but early investors can get diluted during down rounds or capital raises. Partners can also have specific performance targets.

Basically, there is a lot we don't know about the Yankees and their rumored 20% investment. With that being said, I highly doubt they are gone entirely.

I'd imagine at this point they'd be quite content to sit on their 20 percent and take the distributions.
Randy Levine: “we’ll be sitting on a beach, earning 20 percent”

Alan Rickman GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

I know I'm late but holy shit! I can't believe it's actually happening!! The Coop is real!

I just hope the final version looks a bit better than these initial renderings. They're a bit of a let down compared to the previous ones with that striking blue roof.

I'll see you all on opening day.

Obviously too early to speculate who will be on the market at the time but I'm going to hope/guess we will make an uncharacteristically high profile signing going into the season the stadium opens.

I know I'm late but holy shit! I can't believe it's actually happening!! The Coop is real!

I just hope the final version looks a bit better than these initial renderings. They're a bit of a let down compared to the previous ones with that striking blue roof.

I'll see you all on opening day.
Rest assured that these renderings are 100% generic placeholders.

Obviously too early to speculate who will be on the market at the time but I'm going to hope/guess we will make an uncharacteristically high profile signing going into the season the stadium opens.
I'm thinking it'll be... Pep!

Reactions: Kjbert
Why would the Yankees sell when the club value is expected to grow? All they have to do is sit back and let CFG do everything.

Reactions: Vallos
Randy Levine does nothing out of spite. He wouldn’t waste the money.

And it’s going to be Etihad something.
JetBlue Stadium. It's just too easy. Etihad only just now added four weekly departures from JFK to bring them up to 11 and they still have just one arrival per day. Not much of a marketing angle there.

But as I've mentioned before, JetBlue is the domestic code share for Etihad Airways. There's a business connection already. The company was founded and is currently headquartered in Queens. It bills itself as New York's Hometown Airline.

And today, just as one example, they have 44 scheduled departures from Terminal B at LaGuardia and 63 arrivals. They fly practically right over our location all day long and every night.

And New York is blue.

I'm not sure what the terms of the shirt sponsorship are, of course. It may not be possible if there's some kind of naming rights clause in it already. Which is possible. But I checked, and of the teams under the CFG umbrella Manchester City, Melbourne and NYCFC have Etihad Airways jerseys. The rest have local sponsorship. So, it's not uniform -- pardon the pun -- across the organization.

Reactions: Buckley and Vallos
My Yiddish is spotty and Hebrew non-existent, but do you mean a Shidduch?* We're not Jewish, but that's no reason to say no. OTOH, I expect she's not too open to being matched by her parents. She's the headstrong one.

* Like I know the spelling, but that's what Wikipedia says.
Oops — my bad on the poor phonetic spelling and on the assumption! But “smart and headstrong” is not exactly putting me off the idea!