Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
This is incorrect, fortunately
Alright Then Keep Your Secrets GIF by hero0fwar

• Haha
Reactions: Kenny
Brad Sims just emailed me personally to give an update:

Dear DeGrozz,

I hope you are looking forward to this weekend's Hudson River Derby at Yankee Stadium as we continue our push for the playoffs. Derby Week is always one of the most exciting weeks of the year and we are expecting a huge crowd at Yankee Stadium to cheer on our Boys in Blue!

I am emailing to keep you updated about our future home in Willets Point. Tonight, the Queens Development Group project team met again with Community Board 7 in Queens to continue discussions over our exciting stadium project as part of our regular conversations and engagement with them.

I’m happy to share that official notification was recently sent, confirming that this project will enter the approval process known as Universal Land Use Review Procedure (ULURP), the public approval process in New York City where applications that impact land use is public reviewed. This notification is a major step in us starting the formal process, and we aim to enter ULURP ideally in early October.

I look forward to sharing more information with you as we move forward with the ULURP process and get closer to having a permanent home in New York City.

Let’s Go!
Brad Sims

Last edited:
I cannot belive this is actually happening

Also, some qutoes from SoupInNYC SoupInNYC the GOAT from twitter, i'm putting them here in case peopel can't access twitter:

Willets Point Development including the NYCFC stadium expected to be certified into ULURP by October 2.

Agreement with the Mets regarding using parking spaces for the NYCFC stadium has not yet been reached. The team is going to include alternative solutions within the final Environmental Impact Statement regarding parking requirements for the stadium

Discussion about not holding Mets and NYCFC games on the same days or times. This was clarified back in March.

Environmental remediation on Phase 2 of the Willets Point development (including the NYCFC stadium) is 97% complete

1694666906285.png

Certification on 10/2/23 would mean ULURP approval as late as 4/23/24 (205 days) though likely would be sooner than that. Queens CB7 has their monthly general board meeting on 12/11 and would likely vote then. A lot of public discourse to come soon for sure.

As far as I can tell, in chronological order. Have fun with this info and again, thanks SoupInNYC SoupInNYC for being the best. Just the best.

I cannot belive this is actually happening

Also, some qutoes from SoupInNYC SoupInNYC the GOAT from twitter, i'm putting them here in case peopel can't access twitter:

As far as I can tell, in chronological order. Have fun with this info and again, thanks SoupInNYC SoupInNYC for being the best. Just the best.

I won't truly believe it's happening until there are shovels in the ground.

Brad Sims just emailed me personally go give an update:

Dear DeGrozz,

I hope you are looking forward to this weekend's Hudson River Derby at Yankee Stadium as we continue our push for the playoffs. Derby Week is always one of the most exciting weeks of the year and we are expecting a huge crowd at Yankee Stadium to cheer on our Boys in Blue!

I am emailing to keep you updated about our future home in Willets Point. Tonight, the Queens Development Group project team met again with Community Board 7 in Queens to continue discussions over our exciting stadium project as part of our regular conversations and engagement with them.

I’m happy to share that official notification was recently sent, confirming that this project will enter the approval process known as Universal Land Use Review Procedure (ULURP), the public approval process in New York City where applications that impact land use is public reviewed. This notification is a major step in us starting the formal process, and we aim to enter ULURP ideally in early October.

I look forward to sharing more information with you as we move forward with the ULURP process and get closer to having a permanent home in New York City.

Let’s Go!
Brad Sims
That's weird. Brad sent me the same email but with vicious language at the top about not sharing anywhere or my STs would be revoked.