Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters

Thank you! Good news, but the idea of "there are just enough parking spaces spread across a dozen garages a mile away" is pretty funny. That's not quite the same thing as a dedicated lot across the street.

Right. Technically meeting the standard while all along everyone knows how it will play out.
At least from my super peasant and layman seat down here far away from all this, it feels like Cohen's parking push is way less strong than Levy's was. It's like a "oh, can we do this..... ok fine nvm" sort of feeling. But maybe behind the scenes it's not that? lol.

At least from my super peasant and layman seat down here far away from all this, it feels like Cohen's parking push is way less strong than Levy's was. It's like a "oh, can we do this..... ok fine nvm" sort of feeling. But maybe behind the scenes it's not that? lol.
You're right, it's just a bit different.

Levine had all the leverage since the parking garages in discussion needed to be demolished in order for the stadium to be built. So it was an all or nothing ordeal.

Cohen is about providing parking and the developers are saying there is sufficient parking elsewhere if the Mets lots aren't used. The Citi Field lots would be much closer and more ideal, and the developers are still pushing towards that, but if it doesn't work out, other lots/garages can be used. So Cohen's leverage is minimal.

You're right, it's just a bit different.

Levine had all the leverage since the parking garages in discussion needed to be demolished in order for the stadium to be built. So it was an all or nothing ordeal.

Cohen is about providing parking and the developers are saying there is sufficient parking elsewhere if the Mets lots aren't used. The Citi Field lots would be much closer and more ideal, and the developers are still pushing towards that, but if it doesn't work out, other lots/garages can be used. So Cohen's leverage is minimal.
Given how much Cohen has been charging us for parking, I am going to look up some of these other garages for next month's game.

Is there any reason why it wasn't done today and instead should be done 2 weeks from now? Doesn't seem like it'd be a big deal as long as it is done in the near future, but you're the expert (or closest thing we got to one!).

Is there any reason why it wasn't done today and instead should be done 2 weeks from now? Doesn't seem like it'd be a big deal as long as it is done in the near future, but you're the expert (or closest thing we got to one!).
I think the Housing and Land Use Chair for Queens CB7 probably was too aggressive in saying that he expected ULURP certification to occur on 10/2. He noted it several times and nobody from the development team disagreed with him, though they also didn't confidently say that it was happening.

This was not a vote against it, or anything negative from that standpoint, just merely, it's not happening yet.

With the recent filings that have occurred, I see no reason why it won't happen on 10/16.

L'il drama for ya mama

So more stake holders are trying to use a project they can sign off on to leverage other things that have nothing to do with the project? Cool…

I think Gotham Gator Gotham Gator is going to need to make a new list of people putting their hands into our stadium project pie for their own benefit that has nothing to do with the stadium or the soon to be newly constructed neighborhood.

So more stake holders are trying to use a project they can sign off on to leverage other things that have nothing to do with the project? Cool…

I think Gotham Gator Gotham Gator is going to need to make a new list of people putting their hands into our stadium project pie for their own benefit that has nothing to do with the stadium or the soon to be newly constructed neighborhood.
And at like the 5th match, we'll make a tifo shaming them!

When the guy at the top’s motto is “eff you, pay me” you can only expect everyone else in city government to be the same.