1. Pier 40
2. GAL Warehouse
3. Fresh Direct Warehouse in the Bronx
4. That Dual-Boro Stadium concept location
5. Etihad Island
6. Central Park?
7. UBS Arena location that we “bid” on

Anyone have any others?
Randall’s. Columbia. Yonkers Raceway. Belmont before the Islanders. Some spot in Staten.

1. Pier 40
2. GAL Warehouse
5. Etihad Island
6. Central Park?

Anyone have any others?

What was the dual borough location?

I do recall an old factory area next to York college that was looked at. I know I saw tweets about this. This was 2017 ish.

1. Pier 40
2. GAL Warehouse
5. Etihad Island
6. Central Park?

Anyone have any others?
Inwood/ Columbia
Ichan Stadium

Reactions: mgarbowski
What was the dual borough location?

I do recall an old factory area next to York college that was looked at. I know I saw tweets about this. This was 2017 ish.
Dual borough might be the Borden Avenue location. I think there were renderings/speculation it would build over Newtown creek into Brooklyn.

The place near York was Elmhurst Dairy site in Jamaica. That caused all sorts of confusion because it's nowhere near Elmhurst but early rumors just mentioned Elmhurst (and not the dairy) and everyone was scouring the maps for possible locations in Elmhurst.

Also, I bet the club gave at least some consideration and had discussions with York College about building where the Queens FC site was going to be. It's too small, but there's open spaces adjacent that could maybe work if you delete a road (which was part of the GAL plan).

The fountain in Flushing Meadows Corona Park
You mean the feted, algae filled concrete basin that locals equated with taking away recreational fields?

By the way, did we ever get a Red Bull Arena superimposed there? I suspect not since that one was ruled out before this thread was even started.

Unless you're in the Willets Point district then NYCFC cannot really have any effect on your voting. If so Moya over Montserrat. And that's speculative as we don't really know if the club is focusing on WP, although it sure seems it at least on the table. No other districts have a clear choice wrt NYCFC. You can vote against the current Mayor, who seems uninterested in helping the team, but he has no meaningful competition so even that's kind of pointless.
I am enjoying perusing this monster of a thread and seeing our angst as Hiram Monserrat tried to unseat Moya. Moya winning that race was probably the most critical thing that happened in the push for a stadium. We don't get a stadium in the five boroughs without Moya leading the way.

I am enjoying perusing this monster of a thread and seeing our angst as Hiram Monserrat tried to unseat Moya. Moya winning that race was probably the most critical thing that happened in the push for a stadium. We don't get a stadium in the five boroughs without Moya leading the way.
I do wonder if the Willets Point site didn't open up, what direction the club would have gone. They were also pursuing the Harlem River Yards location in early 2022 and additionally, I think (I don't know), that if other options weren't available, the club/Maddd Equities would have just ponied up the extra money needed to satisfy Nuveen's concerns and allow the Yankees to get what they wanted regarding parking spaces.

I do wonder if the Willets Point site didn't open up, what direction the club would have gone. They were also pursuing the Harlem River Yards location in early 2022 and additionally, I think (I don't know), that if other options weren't available, the club/Maddd Equities would have just ponied up the extra money needed to satisfy Nuveen's concerns and allow the Yankees to get what they wanted regarding parking spaces.
I have a suspicion that the reason the site by Yankee Stadium fell through is that the Club (especially Ferran Soriano) preferred the site in Queens and felt they had momentum to get that over the line instead. Plus, they had the political advantage of the site being in the district of a very supportive council member.

This would mean that the blowup over the parking spaces was really just to provide cover for the change in focus. Maybe - maybe not - but I've never really understood how that issue arose so unexpectedly and then proved so difficult to solve.

I'm only guessing by saying this but, maybe this part of the project would have started a lot later so by doing it sooner they save a year?

I still don't actually believe this is happening (and won't until the superstructure starts to rise), but I'm starting to think it might happen!

Reactions: snugglefarts