State Of The Rest Of The League

is Halsti a starting level player for them?
Yes I believe he will be in their starting 11 at some point. But they haven't needed too many changes, they were really good this year. Big question will be if they can perform at the CCL level as well.

So I was thinking, are the other teams out there just as good, better or worse than last year? How does NYCFC's chances look?

Since NYCFC is completely new and we have a whole forum to talk about them, I thought we could spend in here talking about the other clubs.

I'll start a brief list of the other 19 clubs. Feel free to agree/disagree and tell us why.

WEST
Colorado - Terrible last year, still many question even with a lot of changes. Biggest upgrade might be goalie in Philly's MacMath, maybe not. Still ?s in all positions. I like Brown, Powers, O'Neil and Serna but can they carry this team? Maybe near the bottom again.

SKC - Fell apart late last year after winning it all in the previous year. Collin is a big loss, but they upgraded the GK position with Martin. Can Besler get it done with injure prone Opara? Espinoza the key? Dwyer kinda alone up top with Bieler and Sapong gone.
Here are our next two opponents. If we are not outplaying CO, we are in trouble this year. SKC will be our first real test as they should have their full team, unlike NE. If we can hang with them, I will feel good about us going forward.

Here are our next two opponents. If we are not outplaying CO, we are in trouble this year. SKC will be our first real test as they should have their full team, unlike NE. If we can hang with them, I will feel good about us going forward.
Away, especially in altitude, it will be tough this weekend. Home against SKC, yes I can see a result.

I like this thread a lot.

I think you are way too down on Toronto. The past is the past. This is going to be a good, dangerous team. Top 3 in the East. Maybe #1 in the end.

I like this thread a lot.

I think you are way too down on Toronto. The past is the past. This is going to be a good, dangerous team. Top 3 in the East. Maybe #1 in the end.
Well in my defense I wrote before squads were done. TFC for example made a few changes in defense which makes my opinion go up a bit since I started this. However TFC has looked good several times in the beginning of the season just to fall apart later. I'm not sold on them quite yet. The only thing they have done consistently since entering MLS is fail, so that's a surer bet.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
1. New England
2. Columbus
3. DCU
4. Toronto
5. Chicago
6. Orlando
7. NYCFC
8. Philadelphia
9. Red Bull NJ
10. Montreal

I think 1-7 will be separated by just about 10 points, and 7-10 separated by more like 20 points. The East will play better against the West than expected, but overall there's no top tier that will run away with the conference (like Seattle will out West).
I don't know that Seattle will run away with it out West, I think Dallas is the better team.

I would like to see Dallas do well; Castillo, Diaz and Perez are fun to watch. Dallas has had a tendency to start strong and finish not as strong; I hope that trend is reversed this season.
Still sad to see that good team waste away in front of mediocre crowds.