Subway ad

I like it too. I saw some folks mocking it on Twitter, because baseball stadium. But for most NYers, playing in Yankee Stadium is a plus and sign of prestige.
No, I really like that. For someone who's not heard of the team it can't be clearer:

- Who: New York City Football Club right up front
- What: just in case football club is unfamiliar "soccer team" are almost the first words, and nice and large to boot
- Where: Yankee Stadium. Yup, not some obscure place you've never heard of and wouldn't want to go to or know how to get to, but friggin' Yankee Stadium.

Can't make an ad better than this one.

(Edit: and by "no" I meant about the Twitter reaction, not the mgarbowski mgarbowski post, of course.)

I love it. The RBNJ mockers hate it for the very reason it works so well, clean, simple, to the point. Thus their frustration with their own alternative ad...

The New York soccer team that plays in Harrison, New Jersey.
NJRB's version of the same ad:

Their logo (with a background of a few fans with empty seats around them)
The Soccer Team that Plays in Harrison, NJ.
Take the subway to WTC.
Walk a couple blocks to Path Station
Take the line to Newark. (If it is operating on that weekend, if not, find another way for yourself)
Get off at the Harrison stop.
Walk around the run down buildings.
Find the stadium.

I like it too. I saw some folks mocking it on Twitter, because baseball stadium. But for most NYers, playing in Yankee Stadium is a plus and sign of prestige.
I don't love it, but hey, at least they're keeping up their marketing presence.

Reactions: Kjbert
I don't love it, but hey, at least they're keeping up their marketing presence.
the reason I like it so much is because of where it is being used. Subway wall - where you've got someone's attention for 2-3 seconds as they speed by on their daily commute. Gets everything you need to know across quickly and draws your attention to the words and nothing else.

the reason I like it so much is because of where it is being used. Subway wall - where you've got someone's attention for 2-3 seconds as they speed by on their daily commute. Gets everything you need to know across quickly and draws your attention to the words and nothing else.
And that's why I don't have a degree in marketing. Would never think of a thing like that. Now I appreciate it that much more.

I think this was discussed on another thread, but also as stated on Reddit. This ad is for the people who don't know about NYCFC.

I still find it surprising when I speak to knowledgeable local sports fans how often I have to explain who the team is. "The soccer team that plays at Yankee Stadium" is the easiest way to link it into their own experience.

What is there an international friendly or something?

Reactions: Gotham Gator
is this one on the uptown 1 train side? towards the back exit?

EDIT: I ask because i once saw one of these in the station and there was a cosmos sticker facing this ad

Yeah Uptown 1 but towards the front of the train, Cosmos-free when I saw it

Yeah Uptown 1 but towards the front of the train, Cosmos-free when I saw it

that whole station has cosmos stickers around maybe this was in the back for a bit and them replaced.