The Third Rail Is The Biggest Joke I've Ever Seen

While Third Rail has had plenty of issues, the way forward is through them. Maybe the leadership needs to change, but the goal should be improving the Third Rail. Time will make things better hopefully. Like the team on the field, we need to figure it out. They need to hold a meeting with all of the leadership and a select group of members to hash out all of the issues and create viable solutions to move forward.

Reactions: NYCFC_FAN
the problem is, everyone points fingers, blaming each other.
but when it comes to proposing a solution, they look the other way and offer nothing.

The main supporter group needs to be huge. and that has to be the third rail.
you cant have the main supporters group being a small group of 20 people, and you cant have it as a bunch of people sitting with friends in the stands.

one thing doesnt go how everyone wants it to go and they act as if its the end of the world, 5 months into our clubs journey. the people who joined TR and left because "they didnt show financials" or whatever the reason is are not making the situation any better. neither are the people saying the president/board sucks.

but when it comes to proposing a solution, they look the other way and offer nothing.

you cant have the main supporters group being a small group of 20 people, and you cant have it as a bunch of people sitting with friends in the stands.

one thing doesnt go how everyone wants it to go and they act as if its the end of the world, 5 months into our clubs journey. the people who joined TR and left because "they didnt show financials" or whatever the reason is are not making the situation any better. neither are the people saying the president/board sucks.
The people "leaving" are actually just expressing their disappointment. No one can really leave until the next time they collect membership dues. That gives TR several months to get their shit together and prove there is something worth us sending our $30 to. Fingers crossed they do just that.

The people "leaving" are actually just expressing their disappointment. No one can really leave until the next time they collect membership dues. That gives TR several months to get their shit together and prove there is something worth us sending our $30 to. Fingers crossed they do just that.
People have left and continue to leave formally. Email the Director of Membership and ask to have your name withdrawn from the official roster (that is submitted to NYCFC).

That's actually not true.

When I was still a member, I pitched several solutions to both improving matchday etiquette and pitched several chants. These were pretty routinely dismissed.

Edit: And there's no way that continuing to give Third Rail your money will be an impetus for change if you actually want to see it. Vote with your wallet.

That's actually not true.

When I was still a member, I pitched several solutions to both improving matchday etiquette and pitched several chants. These were pretty routinely dismissed.

Edit: And there's no way that continuing to give Third Rail your money will be an impetus for change if you actually want to see it. Vote with your wallet.

The fact of the matter is the group is run by two facets of people, 1) an officially elected board that aren't doing what they said they were going to do and 2) people with giant egos who feel like "their" supporter's group has been taken away from them and then who routinely act like spoiled brats because they aren't getting what they want.

Based on what I've seen the entire group is made up of children and it's turning so many people off that the whole thing should just implode. Bunch of dinguses.

The fact of the matter is the group is run by two facets of people, 1) an officially elected board that aren't doing what they said they were going to do and 2) people with giant egos who feel like "their" supporter's group has been taken away from them and then who routinely act like spoiled brats because they aren't getting what they want.

Based on what I've seen the entire group is made up of children and it's turning so many people off that the whole thing should just implode. Bunch of dinguses.
I can't disagree with a bit of this. It may not be a bad idea to tank it and rebuild.

Reactions: gbservis

Yes it's best to have a large supporters group but why does it have to be the tr? TRs current size and affiliation doesn't entitle it to anything.

Reactions: FootyLovin
TR was just sanctioned by MLS:

http://www.empireofsoccer.com/sanctions-supporters-behavioral-37476/

Dear Third Rail Member,

We are passing along the official notice from MLS restricting supporter privileges for the next 4 AWAY matches. The restrictions will be any TIFO, instruments or large flags for the following games. Please be aware that there are additional restrictions put in place by Red Bull Arena for the match there on August 9.

NYCFC @ New England Saturday, July 18, 7:30 PM Gillette Stadium

NYCFC @ New York Red Bulls Sunday, August 9, 7:00 PM Red Bull Arena

NYCFC @ Columbus Crew Wednesday, August 19, 7:30 PM MAPFRE Stadium

NYCFC @ LA Galaxy Sunday, August 23, 5:00 PM StubHub Center

If you have any questions, please contact MLS.

Best,

Your Third Rail Board

Yes it's best to have a large supporters group but why does it have to be the tr? TRs current size and affiliation doesn't entitle it to anything.
Actually it does. You have to have a certain amount of members to be officially recognized by the FO. This entitles you to away tickets and certain privileges inside of Yankee Stadium.

It looks like they will be having elections shortly for various positions including President. Let's hope that the right folks get elected, and they can vastly improve the group. I'm not a member, but I can only hope for the best because they not only control important parts of the game-day experience in the stadium with their rights and privileges, but also serve both publicly and to the league (rightfully so, or not) as a reflection upon the entire fanbase.

I would think that the right person for the President's job should be more executive than fan, with real-life experience effectively managing an organization or large group, handling a membership varying in so many ways, and the maturity and skill to be an effective liason with FO and league. From what we have seen, it's going to be a difficult job, so let's hope they pick the right person, rather than the most dedicated fan or enthusiastic supporter.

It looks like they will be having elections shortly for various positions including President. Let's hope that the right folks get elected, and they can vastly improve the group. I'm not a member, but I can only hope for the best because they not only control important parts of the game-day experience in the stadium with their rights and privileges, but also serve both publicly and to the league (rightfully so, or not) as a reflection upon the entire fanbase.

I would think that the right person for the President's job should be more executive than fan, with real-life experience effectively managing an organization or large group, handling a membership varying in so many ways, and the maturity and skill to be an effective liason with FO and league. From what we have seen, it's going to be a difficult job, so let's hope they pick the right person, rather than the most dedicated fan or enthusiastic supporter.
I think people take SG leadership too seriously. The board NEEDS fans that will be out in the section cheering as hard and loud as they can.

Here's a friendly message from the President of Hearts of Oak to our friends across the river.

FB_IMG_1437147031362.jpg

I think people take SG leadership too seriously. The board NEEDS fans that will be out in the section cheering as hard and loud as they can.

Here's a friendly message from the President of Hearts of Oak to our friends across the river.

View attachment 3030
Love it, props to him, and from the outside it seems as if you guys at HoO are doing things the right way! Though it's apples to oranges trying to run the TR given the size, logistics and the mess of difficulties coming from all ends all which require some serious help from the top.

I joined TR for the benefits associated with the SGs. However, I feel that most SGs are more about themselves than the actual club. The behavior is general from the SGs are generally immature as we have seen happen within TR and even in the picture posted above from HoO. (Loved the Tifo/banner though.) Sadly, in parts of the country, I think it slows the grow of the sport due to the reputation they give the fan base.
I would love to see all the SGs learn to focus on supporting the club and not their own merchandise and agendas. It would be great to see them focus on expanding the knowledge of the game, etc.
{2 cents that weren't asked for. Carry on.}

I joined TR for the benefits associated with the SGs. However, I feel that most SGs are more about themselves than the actual club. The behavior is general from the SGs are generally immature as we have seen happen within TR and even in the picture posted above from HoO. (Loved the Tifo/banner though.) Sadly, in parts of the country, I think it slows the grow of the sport due to the reputation they give the fan base.
I would love to see all the SGs learn to focus on supporting the club and not their own merchandise and agendas. It would be great to see them focus on expanding the knowledge of the game, etc.
{2 cents that weren't asked for. Carry on.}

Merchandise is used as it's own specific vehicle for whichever purpose suits the supporters group.

Sure, to the outside, it looks like the SG promotes itself; but I would like to point out that the merchandise is only offered to Hearts of Oak members as a privilege and not as a business gimmick. It is solely up to the members to purchase whatever they want; nothing is pushed.

It might look like we are representing ourselves as well based on the color scheme, but the sky blue that was graciously gifted to us by City Financial Group is not native to the original New York City tricolor. We tried to stay true to the navy, white and orange tricolor that has been prevalent since the founding of the city in 1625 under the Dutch, so we don't use *a lot* of celeste, although it is in our color scheme.

I didn't think things would get worse there but they actually did. I have never seen so much childhood bickering and self entitled assholes in my entire life. It's a real shame that this group represents us as fans, it's disgusting and embarrassing. I hope the whole thing folds on itself quickly to save us the shame.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, the Facebook page is an absolute warzone. People kicking each other off the page, board members leaving left and right, people making up memes about other members, no transparency with any financials whatsoever, and just generally children acting like children. Hopefully nobody is stupid enough to give them their hard earned cash in 2016. I'm truly embarrassed to have given them my money twice. What a shame.

How do you join Hearts of Oak again?

Please feel free to join us at Warren 77 in Tribeca for the NYCFC match this Saturday.

Source: I am the PR/Social Media Director of Hearts of Oak.

Reactions: FootyLovin and adam