Tickets For Foreign Games

CP_Scouse

Registered
Mar 27, 2014
Queens
How does it work? In the US its customary to have youre tickets before you get to the match (stubhub, ticketmaster etc) but how does it work abroad?

Lets say i want to watch AS Roma in Rome and i want to sit in the Curva. Would i need to prchase tickets ahead of time or just go to the ground and say i want supporter section seats? or is the whole stadium GA?

Just curious thats all

In Europe, every all-seater stadium has to be ticketed. There are no GA sections in them. Stadia with standing sections are a bit different, though I'd guess that in places like Germany those tend to be booked out entirely by their season ticket holders, though that's a guess. Certainly if you wanted to go to a game in England you must have a ticket, though those games which don't sell out often allow you to buy a ticket from the ticket office right before the game - they'll still assign you a set seat though.

Edit: oh, and I'd advise always buying from the club website. You can buy from Ticketmaster etc if you want to, but generally those tickets are being sold at a huge mark-up. If teams market any tickets to those kind of companies, they only offer them a handful - most tickets on their are people who already bought a ticket and are trying to sell it on for profit. There's usually people selling tickets outside grounds, too, but they're not selling for market price (let's face it, they bought the tickets themselves for one purpose and they're only in this for profit), and you run the risk of them being fake and you not being able to get through the barriers.

Last edited:
You usually have to go through the stadium's box office directly, at least in the uk and Italy. Sometimes you need a buying history (I.e. You've purchased tickets before) if the game is going to sell out. A weird but kind of cool concept. Keeps the crowd loyal to home or away while trying to limit neutrals.

Reactions: CP_Scouse
You usually have to go through the stadium's box office directly, at least in the uk and Italy. Sometimes you need a buying history (I.e. You've purchased tickets before) if the game is going to sell out. A weird but kind of cool concept. Keeps the crowd loyal to home or away while trying to limit neutrals.
It's not very cool if you're trying to go see your favorite team play for the very first time.

Reactions: CP_Scouse