Tim Pernetti Talks Dp - Home Opener

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
Great article in the NY Post which I feel needs its own thread. Thanks to @Gene for the link. We can bitch and moan about the jersey all we want but at the end of the day this is our club and what they're doing on the other side prove to me this club is here to compete at the highest levels. I think CFG played a huge role in the home Kit and if it was up to the powers that be at NYCFC a it would not have come out that way. At any rate.
http://nypost.com/2014/11/13/nyc-fc-already-dreaming-big-we-plan-to-be-a-winner/

Reyna talks about Lampard and says he WILL be with the team in January and also mentions an attacking DP is in the works. Doesn't address Jozy but claims it will be a forward.
I also love the statement from Villa. This guy who could still play or at the very least sign and be a sub on a lot of squads in Europe has packed his bags and moved his family here based on what the club has told him they plan on building here. That in itself should tell you there is a lot more to NYCFC than MC2.
Great read!

Also Tim mentioned the first game will be away and second game will be a home game scheduled for the 15th. Still tentative but they're currently working on the schedule and that's been the agreed upon dates so far.

Last edited:
Solid article. Definitely some bright spots in there after yesterday's drama.

We also have some more confirmation of this, "With the home opener at Yankee Stadium set for March 15, NYC FC expects to make its MLS debut the previous weekend on the road, according to chief business officer Tim Pernetti," for those of you planning on flying in.

We also have some more confirmation of this, "With the home opener at Yankee Stadium set for March 15, NYC FC expects to make its MLS debut the previous weekend on the road, according to chief business officer Tim Pernetti," for those of you planning on flying in.
Nice so they already have a general idea about the schedule. I'll definitely start getting vacation prepared.

St. Patricks Day weekend too. The pubs should be lively!

Yeah the sooner we know the exact date which apparently is 15th but is also 'tentative' the better for us traveling fans. I know @Falastur plans on flying in from England and the more advance the better

Reactions: Kjbert