To Put The Nycfc In This Important Summer Cup !!!

I really dont like when MLS interupt their season to play in meaningless friendlies. Usually they play their 2nd squads. However, since growing game and their market are so important I would not be suprised if they do participate

I really dont like when MLS interupt their season to play in meaningless friendlies. Usually they play their 2nd squads. However, since growing game and their market are so important I would not be suprised if they do participate
We could get quite a bit of revenue by playing some of the top English clubs like this.

True, but its during the season so it will affect our performance on the field. And to build a big fan base we need a winning team. Thats where NYCFC will get real revenue, a full YS not one -off exhibition games

The LA Galaxy players have recently said that their 7-0 loss to Manchester United this summer in a friendly turned their season around and they've played like a different team since that game. So you never know how it'll effect a MLS team.

Reactions: Kjbert
True, but its during the season so it will affect our performance on the field. And to build a big fan base we need a winning team. Thats where NYCFC will get real revenue, a full YS not one -off exhibition games

You're forgetting that teams get paid to play in these tournaments. Obviously it will be lower for MLS teams, but the top PL teams can easily get £1-2m per game and on occasions even as high as £5m for appearing. The gate revenue pales in comparison.

True. If NYCFC is offered anywhere close to a million or more a game, then it could become a real source of revenue. It would be interesting to find out how much they would get.

That would be really fun to watch.... This should definitely be a thing.

Oh, it will definitely happen soon. Manchester City are reportedly going to be touring in Melbourne next summer, and with CFG clubs using the new training facilities in Manchester too, there's bound to be a game between them. I think this was always part of the CFG plan.

Reactions: CP_Scouse
Oh, it will definitely happen soon. Manchester City are reportedly going to be touring in Melbourne next summer, and with CFG clubs using the new training facilities in Manchester too, there's bound to be a game between them. I think this was always part of the CFG plan.
Ah great, that would be a cool game to watch... And hopefully watch a NYCFC win! ;)

It would only be great if both teams played their best lineups.
True, hopefully they do get their best line-ups or at least hopefully a good portion of them. We would likely be on the wrong end of the score card but hey, I would love to see us go against a world class team and see how we do.