Top Drawer Soccer Rates Mix As Worst Nycfc Contract

A good midfielder needs good players around him which we clearly do not have. He tries to create things and I think has done fairly well given the circumstances. As the team develops he's going to become even more important to our nucleus. I'm very excited about the prospect of our midfield if all those players ever actually get to play a game together.

LOL We are paying Nemec $300,000 and Grabavoy $200,000.

Whoever wrote this clearly doesn't watch us play on a regular basis, Mix is class. One of those players who goes unnoticed by the highlight watching fans. He hasn't found a settled position in the first team yet but he's a cut above our other midfielders atm. Watch him with Pirlo and Lampard and you'll be in for a treat.

Agreed, He may be one of those players that does much better when surrounded by talent, he always looks better playing with the USMNT

Reactions: Kjbert and kun
Agree with most of the above. I don't think Mix has been as strong so far as we had hoped, but he's far from bad. I do think we will see better play once he's settled on a single position and has better people around him, and both of these things will happen once we get our two new midfielders on the pitch.

I think Mix needs to really turn it on in the second half. Obviously we will have more class around him. He has had to deal with scrubs around him and he has done a nice job of doing the dirty work and not complaining. He could have easily bitched about his role the first portion of the season but hasn't at all. He will need to produce more to be seen as being worth the DP money he is getting paid. But more to this article he had very high expectations but certainly isn't the worst contract of the team. There will be a lot of turnover again in the off-season or at least should be some of these contracts are just gross. They were necessary at the time but we can't have this much dead weight and bloated contracts.

Reactions: Paul
On a side note, why the fuck are we without Mix when he's sitting on the USA bench? Fuck the Gold Cup. I hate these international duties when the players don't get playing time. Send him back, we need him more.

On a side note, why the fuck are we without Mix when he's sitting on the USA bench? Fuck the Gold Cup. I hate these international duties when the players don't get playing time. Send him back, we need him more.
Because our (USA) defense is playing poorly and need the cover that Beckerman provides. It sucks, but we knew what we were getting when we signed a USMNT player.

DP money is anything over $436,250 Bradley Wright Phillips makes $150,000 less then Mix and is a DP
Hmmm. That's true I suppose. But we're paying down Mix's salary with allocation money so it's below the DP threshold and I guess that's why I'm not counting it that way. Besides, why "waste" a DP in that salary range? I'd save it for a $6 million player rather than using it for a player near the threshold. If you're gonna go over you should go *way* over, no?

Hmmm. That's true I suppose. But we're paying down Mix's salary with allocation money so it's below the DP threshold and I guess that's why I'm not counting it that way. Besides, why "waste" a DP in that salary range? I'd save it for a $6 million player rather than using it for a player near the threshold. If you're gonna go over you should go *way* over, no?
Doesn't matter if we're paying down his salary or not he's getting paid as one of the top players in the league and needs to play like it and that is all I was saying. I also had said I thought he played well considering the position he's been put in with the crap supporting cast. But again he needs to produce in the second half now that reinforcements are here.

Besides, why "waste" a DP in that salary range? I'd save it for a $6 million player rather than using it for a player near the threshold. If you're gonna go over you should go *way* over, no?

Most teams probably can't afford a $6 or $7 million player.

Reactions: Kjbert
Doesn't matter if we're paying down his salary or not he's getting paid as one of the top players in the league and needs to play like it and that is all I was saying. I also had said I thought he played well considering the position he's been put in with the crap supporting cast. But again he needs to produce in the second half now that reinforcements are here.
If he can finally play in the attack instead of having to play defense AND distributor AND CAM, he will be better than Kljestan has been.

We'll see how he is with Pirlo and Lamps beside him as well as Iarola and angelino contributing from the wings. Much better idea after a few games with those 4 if it was the crap surrounding him holding him back or if he's not where we want him to be as a player yet.

"we still don't know his position"

Says everything I need to know about whoever wrote this.

Mix has never had the kind of dynamism you need to make things happen independently. But he's an above-average midfielder with solid fundamentals, with the intelligence and workrate to provide a fulcrum for more creative players. For whatever reason people think he's something else, and I think he's been saddled with unreasonable expectations.

Also, nobody looks good when they're surrounded by incompetence. Messi couldn't help Grabavoy make a decent run.

Reactions: SoupInNYC