UEFA Champions League 18/19

Crazy goal. Two crazy endings to matches today. Expect City to have an easier time in the second leg plus 3 away goals. Juve especially with Ronaldo are not done at 2-0 though I really hope they are.

I was expecting Juve to lose 1-0 yesterday and to be up 1-0 at the end of the second leg. Then a toss up in extra time. That second goal is a problem. They can go up 2-0 at home if Mario shows up, but 3 goals is very hard against such a well organized defensive team. They were talking about sitting Dybala yesterday and playing Joao Cancelo in an advanced role, but I'm assuming that changed with Pjanic playing with the Flu. They should've went that route.

The first goal came after a whistle where Emre Can was coming in, but Allegri pulled him back. Play resumed and Juve was napping. Second goal was manic in front of the net. Juve had greater possession, passes galore, higher percentage...but they had absolutely nothing up front. I don't think Mario even had a shot on goal. Dybala constantly tried dribbling through 2-3 defenders thinking he's Messi, but turned it over.

Atletico is a good damn team. I'd be very surprised if they don't advance.

Applause for Ajax. This Ajax team is good and I want to see them go deep. Well done.

Sorry to see Dortmund out, but there was no coming back from that performance in the first leg. I think we all knew that.
I mean, we knew it... but c oming out of that ridiculous first half today with nothing really sealed it. Had we gotten even just one in the first half, different story. We well out-played tottenham today. But, there's a reason why comebacks are so rare.

I mean, we knew it... but c oming out of that ridiculous first half today with nothing really sealed it. Had we gotten even just one in the first half, different story. We well out-played tottenham today. But, there's a reason why comebacks are so rare.
Dortmund left their scoring boots at home. Based on their efforts of the first half of the season, they have the potential/ ability to beat nearly anyone. Wonder if one of the downfalls of younger teams being emotional and not great at handling a few tough losses may be dragging/have dragged them down. Will discuss further in the BuLi thread though :p

Dortmund left their scoring boots at home. Based on their efforts of the first half of the season, they have the potential/ ability to beat nearly anyone. Wonder if one of the downfalls of younger teams being emotional and not great at handling a few tough losses may be dragging/have dragged them down. Will discuss further in the BuLi thread though :p
I have wondered if they anointed Sancho too quickly while effectively black listing Pulisic. Sancho is super talented, but is the drain of a long season hitting him? Did they black list Pulisic too soon when he started negotiating with Chelsea and others, so they effectively shelved a player with experience and stamina needed for a full season?

I have wondered if they anointed Sancho too quickly while effectively black listing Pulisic. Sancho is super talented, but is the drain of a long season hitting him? Did they black list Pulisic too soon when he started negotiating with Chelsea and others, so they effectively shelved a player with experience and stamina needed for a full season?
Nah. Pulisic wasn't good for a huge portion of last season already, and sancho came in and took the buli by storm. Still this season pulisic has been struggling too

Nah. Pulisic wasn't good for a huge portion of last season already, and sancho came in and took the buli by storm. Still this season pulisic has been struggling too
Is that due to a lack of opportunity? Psyche has a role, and if your position is handed on a silver platter to an untested rookie and you’re not getting first-team minutes, results will be affected. Hell, at this point, Pulisic may have said Fck-it, I’m not putting myself in a position to get injured for a club I’m not contracted to outside of the loan. Wouldn’t be surprised if Chelsea doesn’t want him to play much either - keep him injury free and reduce the in-season stress so he arrives fresh.

Is that due to a lack of opportunity? Psyche has a role, and if your position is handed on a silver platter to an untested rookie and you’re not getting first-team minutes, results will be affected. Hell, at this point, Pulisic may have said Fck-it, I’m not putting myself in a position to get injured for a club I’m not contracted to outside of the loan. Wouldn’t be surprised if Chelsea doesn’t want him to play much either - keep him injury free and reduce the in-season stress so he arrives fresh.
Pulisic and Sancho were given similar opportunities at the beginning of the year, and Sancho beat out Pulisic early on. I believe they were starting/rotating every other game or so. Pulisic then got hurt and then didn't do much to earn or show a better ability than Sancho when he came back. Pulisic is still one of the first people off the bench, but hasn't shown much to overtake Sancho. Plus, with his move to the dumpster fire known as Chelsea, one of (or both) BVB and Pulisic may be taking it easy on him and minimizing minutes. Sucks for Pulisic, but BVB already have a replacement for him.

Reactions: Shwafta
Pulisic and Sancho were given similar opportunities at the beginning of the year, and Sancho beat out Pulisic early on. I believe they were starting/rotating every other game or so. Pulisic then got hurt and then didn't do much to earn or show a better ability than Sancho when he came back. Pulisic is still one of the first people off the bench, but hasn't shown much to overtake Sancho. Plus, with his move to the dumpster fire known as Chelsea, one of (or both) BVB and Pulisic may be taking it easy on him and minimizing minutes. Sucks for Pulisic, but BVB already have a replacement for him.
Noted regarding the beginning of the season comp, but how much of the selection was due to Pulisic already making up his mind not to re-sign with BVB? If he knew he wasn’t going to stay, his head may have already checked out. Who knows?!?

Reactions: Schwallacus
ManU has reduced a 2-0 deficit to 3-2 with 50 min to go. If they pull this off, with over 10 guys on the injured list and unavailable, then OGS is gonna be an instant club legend as manager for what’s he’s done this season.

ManU score in extra time to level at 3-3!!!!!!

Utter garbage VAR will ruin the game if stuff like that is given

chanot hand ball was similar (arm extended) and ref said no penalty. Its all about interpretation by who is making the call with VAR. granted i seen really bad calls made in Spain la liga for example so it comes down to quality of ref.

chanot hand ball was similar (arm extended) and ref said no penalty. Its all about interpretation by who is making the call with VAR. granted i seen really bad calls made in Spain la liga for example so it comes down to quality of ref.
i dont think think theyre as close. I think the chanot handball was way more of a handball than this one. But i dont think either of them should have been PKs. I honestly hate that there is so much left up to the interpretation in the rules. They need to find a way to make it more strict and defined.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Utter garbage VAR will ruin the game if stuff like that is given
Paris beat themselves. Lost at home with a 2-0 lead. Left Cavani on the bench until too late. Played a ManU team that was missing half the roster. Don’t blame the hand ball at the end. It was 90+ minutes of them not winning the series.

i dont think think theyre as close. I think the chanot handball was way more of a handball than this one. But i dont think either of them should have been PKs. I honestly hate that there is so much left up to the interpretation in the rules. They need to find a way to make it more strict and defined.

i thought similar in the sense that arm was extended, to some refs that enough to call penalty. the issue is that where do you draw the line on what is handball? anytime it hits arm? you never really know the "intent" on extending arms either.