UEFA Champions League 18/19

Holy shit! I can’t believe Liverpool got that draw. Jurgen’s right - we’re back!

I couldn’t have picked the draw any better for my preferences. Juve and City on the other side. I just couldn’t have lived with the tension of a quarterfinals vs. City. And I don’t care to deal with Juve either.

The complete opposite happened than what was thought lol. I'm shocked tbh. Liverpool basically got a bye week. Juventus will have a tougher time with Ajax but I think they should be fine.

Both teams faced much tougher competition last round. Porto & Ajax are not at the Bayern and Atletico level. Not a slight, just facts.

The other two games the complete opposite. Much harder competition.

The complete opposite happened than what was thought lol. I'm shocked tbh. Liverpool basically got a bye week. Juventus will have a tougher time with Ajax but I think they should be fine.

Both teams faced much tougher competition last round. Porto & Ajax are not at the Bayern and Atletico level. Not a slight, just facts.

The other two games the complete opposite. Much harder competition.
Agree about Porto, not so much about Ajax. Their kids are growing up and all peaking at the right time. They tied Bayern twice in the group (probably should've won in Munich tbh) and plundered Real in Madrid. They're going to give Juve fits, but Ronaldo will probably manage to pluck Juve out of the jaws of defeat in some questionable call sort of way.

Liverpool have a bye. Man City should come away with it vs. the Cockerels. Time to see if Man Utd and OGS have any more magic to use on their tie vs. Barça.

54257432_1494559490677190_351607051010441216_n.png

Whilst someone brought up Europa it should be pointed out with Sevilla and Inter exiting tonight and Arsenal coming back to advance it really does look like Arsenal and Chelsea are the two best teams left in that competition. EPL might actually live up to the commercial hype that portrays it as the best league in the world and give us winners in both European comps.
i think youre counting out some serious contenders that are left in Europa. The only matchup that i think is basically guaranteed in the upcoming ties is Chelsea.

Tottenham and City to meet twice that week...... Does that mean the premier game i will go to on 4/20... will be B team?
Maybe from Tottenham. City want to win the league. Unless they increase their lead you’ll see the A team. Due to some defensive injuries there aren’t too many options at the back. He’s been rotating midfield with Fernandinho/Ilkay and the forwards it’s mostly been Sane sliding in for Sterling or Mahrez for Bernardo. If Jesus is healthy he may get the nod.
Then again it’s the second leg so it all depends on how the first leg goes. If city get a big lead they may rest players mid week instead.

Reactions: Victors87
i think youre counting out some serious contenders that are left in Europa. The only matchup that i think is basically guaranteed in the upcoming ties is Chelsea.

Didn't realize Napoli was still in it they could give Arsenal a lot of trouble. I'd just noticed Inter and Sevilla went out. Benfica and Valencia are both alright but if Arsenal and Chelsea take this seriously Napoli is really probably the main threat of one of the two not winning it all.

Didn't realize Napoli was still in it they could give Arsenal a lot of trouble. I'd just noticed Inter and Sevilla went out. Benfica and Valencia are both alright but if Arsenal and Chelsea take this seriously Napoli is really probably the main threat of one of the two not winning it all.
I’m hoping for an Ancelotti vs Sarri final.

Reminder that quarterfinals start today!

Reactions: Vallos
They decided to cry about a non-call instead of defending. Serves them right. Play till the whistle. Great effort by Son.
Don’t think the hands up had anything to do with the result. Players maintained their positioning. Great play by son and a great low driven shot to get past Ederson.
A lot of us were confused by the lineup and if it worked Pep is a genius and has a fit squad for this weekend and the return leg. It didn’t work and we have a mountain to climb. Yes it’s only 1 goal but another one makes it 3 for us to finish ahead.

Don’t think the hands up had anything to do with the result. Players maintained their positioning. Great play by son and a great low driven shot to get past Ederson.
A lot of us were confused by the lineup and if it worked Pep is a genius and has a fit squad for this weekend and the return leg. It didn’t work and we have a mountain to climb. Yes it’s only 1 goal but another one makes it 3 for us to finish ahead.

I disagree. That shot should have been blocked if they were laser focused on defending.
82C81865-A44B-42B6-B225-646662DB56FE.jpeg

You can see him let up. More evident on the second angle.

Last edited: