UEFA Champions League 19/20

So after Memphis Depay scored late to tie it at 2, he antagonized the Lyon supporters for booing the team earlier. He was then spat on.

Now that we are less than 24 hours from Salzburg - Liverpool, I feel compelled to stare into the mirror and thrice repeat the name of Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan.

I must summon him to get his opinion on the following. Jesse Marsch is about lead his players against Midas' beloved team with a chance to knock them right out of the playoffs. I am sure that Midas knew this day was coming eventually - but he never thought it would be a Champions League match against Liverpool.
Jesse is a twat. But I actually think he’s a great coach and I admire what RB do as an organization. Frankly, they make CFG look like pirates with a big bounty.

I’ve said this before elsewhere, but I love having a ready made Liverpool farm system that is owned by someone else.

welcome, Minamino. You brilliant sob.

Jesse is a twat. But I actually think he’s a great coach and I admire what RB do as an organization. Frankly, they make CFG look like pirates with a big bounty.

I’ve said this before elsewhere, but I love having a ready made Liverpool farm system that is owned by someone else.

welcome, Minamino. You brilliant sob.
Couldn't agree more. He's a terrific coach and an irritating SOB. The kind of guy who love if he's with your team and single out for hatred if he's on anyone else's.

He’s a damn good coach. We all should know this from the spankings applied to NYCFC’s bare ass.

it’s not out of the question that he could one day be managing Liverpool. He’s gotten far less smarmy, and he’s improving tactically. He’ll be managing in the bundesliga within another 2 years at max. The guy is good.

I think he'd be good for Arsenal if they fancy a raw

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Couple of interesting match ups. Several are toss ups.

predictions?

Dortmund vs. W - PSG

W - Real Madrid vs. Manchester City

W - Atalanta vs. Valencia

Atletico Madrid vs. W - Liverpool

Chelsea vs. W - Bayern Munich

Lyon vs. W - Juventus

W - Tottenham vs. Red Bull Leipzig

Napoli vs. W - Barcelona

ETA: I may have picked Napoli, despite their current form, if Ancelotti was still there. I still think they can beat them, but Napoli are in shambles right now.

Last edited:

predictions?

Dortmund vs. W - PSG

W - Real Madrid vs. Manchester City

W - Atalanta vs. Valencia

Atletico Madrid vs. W - Liverpool

Chelsea vs. W - Bayern Munich

Lyon vs. W - Juventus

W - Tottenham vs. Red Bull Leipzig

Napoli vs. W - Barcelona
I put Valencia, Chelsea going through

Reactions: Schwallacus

Valencia I could see that one seems a real toss up. Bayern have struggled in Germany but have a perfect record in CL and Chelsea are in a tailspin right now I expect them to be out of the CL spaces by the time this match happens. I expect them to be out of the CL spaces after they play Spurs next Sunday truthfully.

LOL Shwafta, come on. I know you hate us but you really think Chelsea are pulling through? There's still a lot of time between now and then, but based off recent form and the fact that English clubs don't get a winter break, I'm leaning towards Chelsea looking lost against Bayern.

My predictions below. I feel Tottenham rode all their luck and will not have enough defense vs. Leipzig. I'm going with my feeling based off recent form. A lot can change between now and the first round. May come back to revise a few ties, but I think this is how it will play out.

predictions?

Dortmund vs. PSG
Real Madrid vs. Manchester City
Atalanta vs. Valencia
Atletico Madrid vs. Liverpool
Chelsea vs. Bayern Munich
Lyon vs. Juventus
Tottenham vs. Red Bull Leipzig
Napoli vs. Barcelona

LOL Shwafta, come on. I know you hate us but you really think Chelsea are pulling through? There's still a lot of time between now and then, but based off recent form and the fact that English clubs don't get a winter break, I'm leaning towards Chelsea looking lost against Bayern.

My predictions below. I feel Tottenham rode all their luck and will not have enough defense vs. Leipzig. I'm going with my feeling based off recent form. A lot can change between now and the first round. May come back to revise a few ties, but I think this is how it will play out.

I think Chelsea will get their shit together, especially after the winter where they can potentially sign a new star.
Besides, I feel like 2012 might play a part in the nerves going into this one.

Valencia should win, but I think Atalanta is the Cinderella team this year and will go one more round.

Bayern looks strong. Maybe the strongest CL run so far along with PSG. Not a knock on Chelsea, but I don't think they can hang with them at the moment.

Spurs better not look past Leipzig. Hopefully with Jose, they won't. It will be interesting to see what Spurs look like on the other side of the January transfer window.

exactly!
...However, idk if it was posted here, but a couple of weeks ago there was a leak that the Bundesliga english accounts are a bunch of people sat in a room deciding what would be great to post bc American fans eat up banter... kinda takes away from the comedy factor to me knowing it's just a bunch of dudes in a room. :/

-edit-
this is the twitter thread, has some articles

you have all #1s...gotta pick one upset!

you have all #1s...gotta pick one upset!
I'll go with Atalanta then. That looks to be the closest matchup on paper, with Valencia being the "softest" #1 of the round of 16. I think Napoli may surprise people too vs. Barca, but that depends if "CL-Liverpool-beating" Napoli show up or "lets-lose-to-Parma" Napoli do. See how their new manager settles in, if he does at all.

• Wow
Reactions: Kangaroo Jack