USOC - May 25 - New England (Home)

I thought the game would open up when Bou came on but the Revs continued to play 8-10 men back until we scored. I’ve seen games change after someone scores before but this seemed an extreme example.
I just wish we scored 5 minutes of game time earlier and we could have avoided extra time. I was up way past my bedtime.
I continue to love the atmosphere at Belson. It’s of course not a solution for anything but midweek Cup games, and there are trade offs associated with small crowds and the location, but I’ve never left thinking anything but “that was great all around.”

I thought the game would open up when Bou came on but the Revs continued to play 8-10 men back until we scored. I’ve seen games change after someone scores before but this seemed an extreme example.
I just wish we scored 5 minutes of game time earlier and we could have avoided extra time. I was up way past my bedtime.
I continue to love the atmosphere at Belson. It’s of course not a solution for anything but midweek Cup games, and there are trade offs associated with small crowds and the location, but I’ve never left thinking anything but “that was great all around.”
You also didn’t have to deal with the announcer pronouncing Taty as “Cast-Eye-Anos” every time or continually referring to all fans there as having traveled to Belson from the Bronx

Not sure what lineups the Revs rolled out but our C team was clearly better than them

Reactions: Kjbert and gbservis
You also didn’t have to deal with the announcer pronouncing Taty as “Cast-Eye-Anos” every time or continually referring to all fans there as having traveled to Belson from the Bronx

Lol those announcers were so bad. Also not a long trek from the Bronx.. just hop on the subway.

Not sure what lineups the Revs rolled out but our C team was clearly better than them

The Revs started a 17 year old forward from Revs II who literally looked 12…to the fact that during the game I had to look up his age because I was like “who is the middle schooler?”

yeah my reaction was “you couldn’t have done that 5 minutes earlier?” when they finally scored. My daughter was angry that the game went into extra time as it was way past her bedtime lol.

I agree that although Belson is a haul to get to, it’s a great experience to see the team in that small of a setting. There is nothing like seeing the speed of the game up close.

I agree that although Belson is a haul to get to, it’s a great experience to see the team in that small of a setting. There is nothing like seeing the speed of the game up close.
I have sat pitchside 3-4 times, and been to 3 games at Belson and the experience of being close at Belson is far superior. I'm not sure why. I usually sit about 3-5 rows up in Belson so maybe it is the slight elevation that the pitchside seats lack. Pitchside seats are on a platform and slightly elevated but not as elevated as a bleacher. Or maybe it's the fact that everyone is close at Belson and there can be only about 2,200 people max so there's a general sense of enveloping intimacy to the experience, kind of like a minor league baseball game. But whatever the cause, nothing I have experienced matches it.
And don't get me wrong. I enjoy pitchside (the amenities are clearly better). Anyone who has a chance to do it should try it. But Belson is more fun for me.

I have sat pitchside 3-4 times, and been to 3 games at Belson and the experience of being close at Belson is far superior. I'm not sure why. I usually sit about 3-5 rows up in Belson so maybe it is the slight elevation that the pitchside seats lack. Pitchside seats are on a platform and slightly elevated but not as elevated as a bleacher. Or maybe it's the fact that everyone is close at Belson and there can be only about 2,200 people max so there's a general sense of enveloping intimacy to the experience, kind of like a minor league baseball game. But whatever the cause, nothing I have experienced matches it.
And don't get me wrong. I enjoy pitchside (the amenities are clearly better). Anyone who has a chance to do it should try it. But Belson is more fun for me.

Pitchside is definitely worth a try, but choose Citi Field if you want the better view and Yankee Stadium if you want the better amenities. Citi Field pitchside is generally more affordable, too, if budget is a concern.

The Belson experience may be more fun for you due to the elevated seats (higher than either Yankee Stadium or Citi Field), and the nature of the crowd.
LionNYC LionNYC excepted, of course, the crowd pitchside isn't as rowdy as the Belson crowd, creating a point off for atmosphere.

Props to Taty. His press is as (more?) valuable as his scoring.
I don’t know if it was seeing Taty play so close, but when I was leaving Belson I saw him walking down the road (?) to the locker room. I wanted to so badly yell how much we appreciate his hard work, especially last night, but decided to let him be.
It can be so easy for a player of his quality and with a price tag as big as his to phone it in on a poor pitch in front of so few people. He did not do that last night. Taty worked just as hard as he has in recent years and that speaks volumes of his character. I truly admire everything he brings to this club and I’m really going to miss watching him run his ass off for us. He deserves nothing but the best and is getting everything he deserves. I don’t know about y’all, but I’ll be spending these final few matches really taking in our golden boys fighting spirit before he moves onto bigger and better things.