We Cut Nemec!

The guy who I saw at Yankee Stadium the other day in a Nemec shirt will be disappointed! Probably no one else.

Anyone think this is so he can sign for a European club before transfer deadline?

If he is a free agent can't he sign at any time? Or is that only in effect with lower tier English clubs?
As far as I understand it, he can't be signed as a free agent if he was released outside of the transfer window. So, technically he can sign any time, but if he'd been released a week from now he would have had to wait.

Wow, I almost forgot about him.

Gotta say that his failure here might have been the one that hurt us the most. A successful striker pair for Villa from Game 1 could have resulted in a completely different season.

Wow, I almost forgot about him.

Gotta say that his failure here might have been the one that hurt us the most. A successful striker pair for Villa from Game 1 could have resulted in a completely different season.
Agree. As much as I kept begging Kreis to play a second forward up top with Villa, when Nemec showed how awful he was, there really wasn't someone else you can put up there with Villa. Especially with Khiry getting injured.

Agree. As much as I kept begging Kreis to play a second forward up top with Villa, when Nemec showed how awful he was, there really wasn't someone else you can put up there with Villa. Especially with Khiry getting injured.
Now that you mention it, I wonder if this move is an indication of Khiry returning to the lineup?

EDIT

Just sent Khiry a tweet. I'll let you know if he responds.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert
The moment when he plowed over Villa in the box in the Philadelphia game was perhaps the low point of the season since it was before we ultimately went on to win that game, our first in about three months.